Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Denver (and surrounding areas): Beer/food/etc. suggestions needed!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #21
rico567
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 21

It kind of depends on whether you demand your beer & food in one venue, or are willing to accept them separately. We've been on tours of Twisted Pine and Boulder Beer in Boulder, and New Belgium, O'Dells, and Fort Collins Brewery in Fort Collins. Also Breckenridge, up in the eponymous town in Summit Co. All were good tours. Breckenridge and Boulder Beer have restaurants, and we ate good food in the Breckenridge Brewpub.

If I were looking for food in most cases, though, I'd pick the food and let the beer follow along however it worked out. For most stuff like burgers and the usual bar food, I suspect there are lots of good places. If you like game, the best place I've ever been is the Buckhorn Exchange in Denver. Elk, Deer, Bison, Ostrich, Rattlesnake, and others. Or, you can always just get something like a big 'ol steak. Somewhere in a shopping center near Denver, next to a vast Asian market, is a Vietnamese restaurant (shouldn't be hard to find with that description) that has wonderful food.

“Malt does more than Milton can / To justify God’s ways to man”

-A. E. Housman (1859–1936). A Shropshire Lad , 1896.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #22
frydogbrews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 46 Posts

you should try eating at the saucy noodle, but only if you like garlic. i ate here once and it was so damn tasty, and everything was oozing with garlicky goodness

http://saucynoodle.com/html/about_us/about_us_main.htm

Old 09-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #23
Hernando
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Here is something to add to the list. I will definitely be checking this out!
http://tinyurl.com/3ll9tcs

Love trying new breweries!

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #24
Apendecto
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Thanks guys!

Old 09-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #25
TopherM21
Recipes 

Forgot about Stranahan's Distillery/Rackhouse. Colorado whiskey and awesome chili.
Also - Sweet Action ice cream on Broadway is rockin'!

Quick Reply