Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Definition of Green Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2007, 08:46 AM   #11
musicman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

so these flavors, best described as young flavors, mellow out over time and become more balanced

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2007, 10:11 AM   #12
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

That comes under the definition of "****" beer. BMC.

If it's hot sunny and I'm thirsty and there is no good Cider then I'd take a BMC but I don't even class it as beer. At not least my definition of beer.
I'm even fussier about my food than my beer. (I think)
I know what you mean about Pizza, I'm very fussy. I make my own quite often in a wood fired oven. There is a local Turkish take away that do a good pizza for a good price. I can't think of one good reason to go to a pizza hut. I'm afraid that the people who go mustn't mind being ripped off for substandard product.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #13
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman
so these flavors, best described as young flavors, mellow out over time and become more balanced
That's right.

Some people will taste a beer after two weeks and be disappointed so they are reluctant to drink it. When the come back 4 weeks later they're usually very suprised.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmditter
I used to think that about pizza. Now I don't think that's true (ever try pizza from Pizza Hut or Papa John's lately? Yech!)
Hehe, personally I am still trying to find good pizza. Either they make it too cheesy for my tastes here or they screw up the crust. I end up making my own, but I gotta build a wood fired oven to improve on it.

As for the beer, I am often amazed at the progress of flavors in the conditioning process. I am now in the habit of taking tasting notes when I bottle (using the beer from the hydro tube) and then try to compare that with 1 tasted at a week of bottling, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc. Some flavors just literally disappear...it is the coolest thing. This is one of the reasons folks are careful about HSA and such other things....you don't want something that won't go away. But, like is being discussed here, there are many things that most folks just don't like that leave. I had an APA that I made and it had a buttery tone from the diacteyl to it that lingered (and was quite pronounced in the beer). I did not like that. At about 2 weeks and into the 3rd week after bottling it just started to disappear. By around the 4th week it was gone.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #15
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebisch01
Hehe, personally I am still trying to find good pizza. Either they make it too cheesy for my tastes here or they screw up the crust. I end up making my own, but I gotta build a wood fired oven to improve on it.
I use a stone plate on one side of the BBQ and a fire on the other then after the smokes finished drop the lid and it gets to 400

I'm gonna start a pizza thread. I wish I han't got the Salmon out now for tonights dinner!

Quick Reply