Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Deep Fried Beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
WishYouWereBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Deep Fried Beer?

I never post on here since I've spent most of my time as a member here soaking up all the knowledge that you all have to offer. But this morning I woke up, read this, and had to share.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...deep-friesbeer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

This is the second "round" for the story...it broke about a month or more ago, and there were a ton of threads on it then...not to mention these two from the similar threads box below.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/texa...s-beer-195988/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/texa...d-beer-192938/

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
WishYouWereBeer
Recipes 

Crap...first post and I broke a cardinal rule. Shame on me.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #4
Revvy

Recipes 

LOL, no worries...it happens here all the time...

A lot of new members on here don't realize that a lot of us beer geeks get emails and tweets, press releases, and other things directly from the breweries, brewers, organizations, and even industry trades, and that by the time it makes it to the more public news agencies (the "mainstream media") more than likely it's been 2-3 days since the more industry related news already released it (that's how the mainstream media got word of it anyway, from the same sources we did) AND more than likely it was posted on this forum, the very day the word came out.

More than likely the site they posted, got the same press release the first poster of this info on here did, a month ago.

That's the nature of this place, we're like the uber site for beer geeks if we're not making the news we're breaking the news.

This isn't the first time it happens...this week, anytime beer is in the mainstream press, we get a ton of threads. The release of Bud American Ale was like a blizzard on here.

And sine this thread won't get a lot of traffic it will drop to the bottom of the forum, and more than likely within an hour someone else will think they are "breaking" the story.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
knightbeer39
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

You can never have too many deep fried beer posts!

Primary
2013 spring IPA
Secondary
empty
Kegged
White Christmas ale
Bottled
Holiday Porter, Grilled Pumpkin Ale

Old 09-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightbeer39 View Post
You can never have too many deep fried beer posts!
Yeah you can, like you can have too many "world's oldest beer found in shipwreck," or "beer has estrogen in it" post...after about the first 6 in an hour it gets a little boring. LOL

(But they're still better than "my airlock isn;t bubbling therefore my yeast is dead" threads anyday.)

Old 09-16-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
WishYouWereBeer
Recipes 

I was gonna say... at least I didn't start off with "I pitched my yeast last night and this morning it's not even beer yet. Help!"

Old 09-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
knotquiteawake
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishYouWereBeer View Post
I was gonna say... at least I didn't start off with "I pitched my yeast last night and this morning it's not even beer yet. Help!"
You win the noob awareness award!

Old 09-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
knightbeer39
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Yeah you can, like you can have too many "world's oldest beer found in shipwreck," or "beer has estrogen in it" post...after about the first 6 in an hour it gets a little boring. LOL

(But they're still better than "my airlock isn;t bubbling therefore my yeast is dead" threads anyday.)
Hee hee, that's true. "My fermentation is stuck, should I add more yeast?" followed by the inevitable "what's your gravity, did you take a hydrometer reading?" "Uh no. Should I take a reading?" "Uh, yeah".

Primary
2013 spring IPA
Secondary
empty
Kegged
White Christmas ale
Bottled
Holiday Porter, Grilled Pumpkin Ale

Old 09-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
funkapottomous
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post

jeez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the pulpit.

I just wanted to make that joke.

Quick Reply