OK, I feel dirty. But I'm a grown up and can admit my failures and learn from them.
I bottled a batch of citrus ale two weeks ago and now I have white rings of "stuff" floating in the necks of my bottles.
I know what happened. I let the sanitized bottles sit overnight before filling. Dumb, I know.
Anyway, I know that nothing pathogenic can live IN beer, but can it live ON beer.
I drank a bottle right after I discovered the problem. Flat but tasted fine. If I let them go to full carbonation I'm afraid the light amount of mold may get thicker. Are there any mold strains that could pose a problem.
Personally, I'll drink it if it tastes good and won't poison me. Of course, out of pride I will never let anyone else see it. Or drink it.