Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Dark Lord Day 2012

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #101
ArtimusBeerimus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That's actually very cool. I've been trying to get a VB Dark Lord but either haven't scored a "golden" Golden Ticket or they were out of it by the time I got thru the line (like this year). Nice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #102
ArtimusBeerimus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by conpewter
I'm also thinking about making the huge Jenga set, though I'd need the time, looks like it is more work than just throwing some 2x4's on the chop saw
Actually, that's essentially what they did to build it. Fifty four blocks, each 10.5" in length (to make it square). They essentially mitred the edges a touch, and used a sander to smooth out the sides.

They use an old milk crate as a base, and fashioned some adjustable feet (screw in's) to level out the game. A level is helpful.

House rules are that you can touch any blocks you want, but if you move anything, you're committed to that block. It's not as precise a game as regular Jenga, but that's a plus because it works great if you've been drinking, and is a great group/team game as well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply