Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Dark Lord Day 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2010, 01:48 PM   #111
mattjmac
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Kaner - It's not clear from my post, but my earlier post #103 mentioned I was planning to take the train to Hammond. My buddies live in the city so I'll be training or driving from Elburn to downtown, meeting them at Millennium Park station, South Shoring it to Hammond, and cabbing from the Hammond Station to FFF. The problem we're having is getting from the Hammond station to FFF. The cab fare was for all 3 of us from the Hammond station to FFF. We think it's pretty steep and I don't know how much I trust a cab will be waiting for us even if we call ahead.

Beesy - my other two buddies were calling around today to chicago-area bars to see if any are going to be running busses to the festival and what those costs would be roundtrip. I really appreciate your offer and I'll see what they find out today. Any chance you'd be willing to drop us at the Hammond train station on your way back east? It's about 10 minutes north of FFF.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #112
Kaner
Recipes 

[QUOTE=mattjmac;1982681]Kaner - It's not clear from my post, but my earlier post #103 mentioned I was planning to take the train to Hammond. My buddies live in the city so I'll be training or driving from Elburn to downtown, meeting them at Millennium Park station, South Shoring it to Hammond, and cabbing from the Hammond Station to FFF. The problem we're having is getting from the Hammond station to FFF. The cab fare was for all 3 of us from the Hammond station to FFF. We think it's pretty steep and I don't know how much I trust a cab will be waiting for us even if we call ahead.

Oh okay. $40-$50 from the station to FFF is an absolute rip-off. I was plannig on cabbing it from my place but I better look into it now because there is no way I'm going to pay that price for a five minute cab ride. $40-$50 is probably about three times what the cost should be!

Last edited by Kaner; 04-02-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #113
RandalG
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

At The Publican next Wednesday night.Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head, Nick Floyd of Three Floyds, Shaun O'Sullivan of 21st Amendment, Matt Brynildson of Firestone Walker, and Greg Koch of Stone are going to be there to help celebrate the long awaited coming of Stone Brewery beers to Chicago if any of you local guys are looking for something to do.

http://www.stonebrew.com/find/chicago/

Old 04-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #114
mattjmac
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

@ Kaner...I think it might be a bit more reasonable if only one guy is in the cab. My buddy was the one who called, but he said they wanted like $5 extra per guy + some other crap fee per person so it got $$$ pretty quickly.

@ Beesy - I'm sending you a PM. Thanks.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #115
beesy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

K. My plans are tentative for now just to let anyone know. I just found out about 10 minutes ago I may have to go to San Diego for work a few days before DLD, which may impede my plans to spend a few days in Chicago. That being said, I will for sure be going to DLD and would't have a problem dropping a few guys off at the Metra on my way home.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #116
oldschool
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

where is the best/closest place to stay since the hampton has been booked for some time?

Old 04-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #117
kjung
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
where is the best/closest place to stay since the hampton has been booked for some time?
There are a few Marriots (Marriot, Residence Inn, etc.) at the Kennedy exit, and a Motel 6, Best Western, and one other at the Cline exit, off of 80/94. They're all just a short drive from Three Floyds.

Be careful what you wish for, friend, 'cause I've been to Hell, and now I'm back again- Steve Earle

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-
Albert Einstein

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"- Einstein, again

Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #118
RC0032
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 11

anyone have tix in hand yet? I cant wait any longer

Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #119
drez77
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC0032 View Post
anyone have tix in hand yet? I cant wait any longer
From their Twitter on April 2
"Now that we've had a chance to sort out the duplicate orders, we're almost ready to mail the Golden Tickets. They should be out mid-week... "

Fingers crossed

Old 04-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #120
mattjmac
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

phew, what a relief...i've been checking my inbox @ the mail room daily... was starting to think some mailroom guy with good taste in beer swiped them....

Quick Reply