Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Dark Lord Day 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 06:53 AM   #101
oldschool
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Where are you all going to be staying?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #102
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'll just be driving down and then back up on the same day.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 03-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #103
mattjmac
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anybody know if there's a shuttle or easy cab service from the Hammond trainstop on the South Shore Line out of Chicago? Seems like an easy way to get down there, if only we can be sure there's a way to transfer from the train station to the brewery. TIA

Old 03-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #104
Kaner
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjmac View Post
Anybody know if there's a shuttle or easy cab service from the Hammond trainstop on the South Shore Line out of Chicago? Seems like an easy way to get down there, if only we can be sure there's a way to transfer from the train station to the brewery. TIA
Hammond station is right by calumet ave. which is what you take to get to FFF. You might be able to catch a bus there but I highly doubt it. It's about a 5-10 min. cab ride from the station to FFF. You may want to call ahead and reserve a cab ahead of time because of how many people will be taking them due to DLD. That's what I'm planning on doing.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #105
RC0032
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 11

My CC was charged this week...cant wait!

Old 03-27-2010, 06:43 AM   #106
oldschool
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've been camped out by the mailbox ever since.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 PM   #107
mattjmac
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yikes...cost for a cab roundtrip was quoted to me as being between $40 and $50 for 3 guys. That's ridiculous. Shot in the dark here, but is anybody who lives around the train station willing to give 3 good guys a ride to FFF? I can definitely arrange payment via some maibock lager I should have ready by then and/or a six-pack of your favorite microbrew.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #108
Atticmonkey
Recipes 

So are we still having a HBT meet and greet sometime during DLD?

Old 04-02-2010, 05:06 AM   #109
beesy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Yikes...cost for a cab roundtrip was quoted to me as being between $40 and $50 for 3 guys. That's ridiculous. Shot in the dark here, but is anybody who lives around the train station willing to give 3 good guys a ride to FFF? I can definitely arrange payment via some maibock lager I should have ready by then and/or a six-pack of your favorite microbrew.
Hey guys, not sure exactly where you are located, but I am going into Chicago to stay Friday night and maybe Thursday night before DLD. As of now, I will be getting a hotel somewhere between downtown and the Lincolnwood area (one of my consultants wants to take me to the hopleaf bar) and wouldn't have a problem taking a few people down to Munster with me Saturday morning. You would have to arrange for a way back as I'm leaving DLD to head back to Ohio. I'll have a trunkload full of pizza and beer going back with me, so there won't be tons of extra room, but I could comfortably take 3 people and their beer with me. Hit me up closer to DLD as I'm just going to priceline hotels when I finalize when i'm going to Chicago.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #110
Kaner
Recipes 

Quote:

That must be $40-$50 per person right? If not then that's one hell of a good price from Elburn to Munster. If it is per person, then something I think you should factor in is that taking the metra from elburn to the city, then catching the south shore line to the hammond station can be a pain in the a$$. I've done it several times from the geneva station to the east chicago station, and the biggest problem that I see you having is going from the metra station dowtown to the south shore station downtown. That's another two cab rides that you have to factor in to your overall price because you probablly don't want to be carrying a couple cases of beer those several blocks.
So overall if it's $20-$25 per person each way that doesn't seem like that bad of a deal to me when you factor in how much time you'll waist on the train, having to catch a cab in the city, the hour and a half you'll be waiting to catch the next train in the city, having to catch a ride from the hammond station to FFF, and then turning around and having to do it all over again.
Just some food for thought from someones who's made the trip before.

Quick Reply