Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Dark Horse Brewery - Thumbs up

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
mlyday
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts

Default Dark Horse Brewery - Thumbs up

This last weekend I was dropping my son off for an overnight college visit and found myself staying in a hotel in marshall,mi. Pulled out the phone to look for a place to eat, and up pops the brewery.

I headed over there and noticed they had a homebrew shop, so I stopped in there first. They had a lot of kits and stuff, and alot of shirts. I have a collection of pint glasses, but didnt see any there. I asked but they were out, but they yanked a golf pack in the display which had one, broke it up and sold me the glass. Grabed a 4 pack of Plead the 5th imperial stout and dropped it off at the car.

I headed over the the other building that housed the restuarant. It was sunday night and I was by myself. I dont think Ive ever eaten at a resturant by myself before. I was hoping it wasnt going to be busy, but it was fairly full. I almost left, but a waitress saw me looking and said there was a spot at the bar.

Within a minute I has a tasty black bier in my hands and before that was even gone I had my food. Nice mix of people at the bar throughout the night and a pretty cool lookinging interior with ceramic mugs for all the mug club members.

I had a few of their regular beers and some specialty ones . Thank god the hotel was only a mile away down a little traveled industrial road, and the giant pizza fold I ate or it could have bee trouble.

Good food, great beer, and a pleasant staff. If your ever in the area, its a must stop.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2262 Times on 1970 Posts
Likes Given: 1698

The name of the place makes me think of a Steve Vai song from Alien Love Secrets...Bad Horsie. Good name for a wild brew.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
mlyday
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts

Tried the Plead the fifth imperial stout I bought. Pretty good right out of the fridge, but awesome once it warmed up a little. Couldnt taste any of the 11% ABV. Quite smooth and roasty. Very good.

Quick Reply