The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Custom brews

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
Jeff413
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Custom brews

I'm looking to brew a nice blueberry beer but have not found any good recipes does anyone have anything they can offer I'm new to brewing so haven't really ventured into playing with ingredients outside of the kits but, this will be my first attemp as all the beer I've brewed has been great!!! Any suggestions comments or recipes would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2014, 11:36 PM   #2
swackattack
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would probably choose a basic American wheat recipe and add the blueberries in secondary fermentation Northern Brewer has a nice American wheat.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Old 04-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #3
jakenbacon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Have you looked at HomeBrewTalk's recipe data base? It's at the top, click on recipes and go from there..... Probably more blueberry wheat recipes there than you could throw a stick at.....Maybe.....

Old 04-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #4
rodwha
Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 46

A blonde or cream ale might do well also. Something without too much else going on so the blueberries stand out well.

"Anyway on the wall was this sign. People who drink light beer don't really like beer. They just like to piss a lot."

"Were I to leave where else would I go? Your words of life and of truth You hold." - Third Day

Quick Reply