The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Creative ways to turn my bottling bucket back to a primary??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #11
MikeRoBrew1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 242

dedhedjed - THANKS for the quality recommendation! Can you tell me more about what this item does or how it works please? The description says, "Food grade nylon, custom-molded to include an integral backnut. Keeps beer (and yeast sediment) out of the Transfer Valve during fermentation. Fits our Bottling Valve above, or any valve with 3/4” tapered male pipe threads." My guess is that this is like a nylon cover that fits over the male-threaded portion of the spigot that protrudes inside the bucket. Thanks again!

azingsheim - THANKS for the great sugesstion! This seems like a super simple solution. A rubber stopper might not even need to be epoxied if it were tapped in tight enough.

My brew blog:
http://www.mikerobrew.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #12
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1501 Times on 1151 Posts
Likes Given: 2679

Just don't open the spigot????

- a very......very.....druck Zul'jin

Old 01-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #13
MikeRoBrew1
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Thanks but that is not a concern. It can get kicked or bumped out, and it is difficult to clean. It's just a personal decision for me - I just dont trust them as much as I used to.

My brew blog:
http://www.mikerobrew.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter @WakeMikey

Old 01-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
dedhedjed
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRoBrew1 View Post
dedhedjed - THANKS for the quality recommendation! Can you tell me more about what this item does or how it works please? The description says, "Food grade nylon, custom-molded to include an integral backnut. Keeps beer (and yeast sediment) out of the Transfer Valve during fermentation. Fits our Bottling Valve above, or any valve with 3/4” tapered male pipe threads." My guess is that this is like a nylon cover that fits over the male-threaded portion of the spigot that protrudes inside the bucket. Thanks again!
That is exactly what it does. You orient it so it is pointing down and then it will form a siphon when you connect a hose to the bottling spigot. It does a great job minimizing sediment transfer. Highly recommended.

Homebrew shirts, stickers, mugs, etc.
http://www.zazzle.com/mightbemary*

Quick Reply