Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Cream Stout Ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
GAHokie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Cream Stout Ideas

I am new to brewing and for my 3rd brew, I'm planning to brew a cream stout from a Midwest extract kit. I have the extract kit and I want to brew tomorrow, but I wanted to add something. I have seen that some people add coffee to cream stouts, vanilla, chocolate, etc.

I live in a small town in GA, so it's difficult to get ahold of cacao nibs, vanilla beans, etc. Is it possible to add vanilla extract and coffee to make a coffee stout? Does anyone have any suggestions for a noob? Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
porterpounder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Chocolate is easy to add in the boil with unsweetened coco powder. 8 oz. will give you a pronounced chocolate flavor added in the last 15 mins of the boil.

Vanilla extract can easily be used. A little goes a long way. Add to taste using a dropper at bottling.

Try cold steeping some coffee over night in the fridge. Just enough water to cover the coffee grounds and strain. Add to taste in secondary or at bottling.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply