Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Crappy brew day!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2006, 03:35 AM   #11
davy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Still cold here finally cleared and managed to brew. Wooohoo. The one good thing about this weather is that my immersion chiller works a hell of alot faster since the water from the faucet outside is so cold.
Are there many homebrew stores in Hawaii BrewBrothaRick? Also any local island recipes on the island?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2006, 07:02 AM   #12
BrewBrothaRick
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy
Are there many homebrew stores in Hawaii BrewBrothaRick? Also any local island recipes on the island?
There is only one store on Oahu Island and they are only open on the weekends. But the prices are fair and I can get LME on tap and freshly cracked grain so I have no complaints.

http://hawaiihomebrew.com

The website has a bunch of recipes on it with named after areas on the island but I think they are just generic recipes with exotic names.

As far as adding some Island flair, well I'm not much of a fan of pineapple wine and I don't know how you could add macadamia nuts to a brew.

There are 4 microbreweries here: Sam Choy's, Gordon Biersch, Kona Brewing Company, and Brew Moon

Old 02-23-2006, 12:24 AM   #13
boo boo
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewBrothaRick
I really shouldn't mention this but it's 12:30 AM and my thermometer outside reads 70 f right now.
No, you shouldn't have metioned it. My thermometer reads -7C and I'm still hoping the damn snow will stay away long enough for me to brew on Saturday. All I ask from the beer gods is to allow a 1 hour boil without snow. I'll handle the cold with a stout in hand.

Quick Reply