Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #31
scottland
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
It's so funny how opinions about Craigtube have gone 360 degrees from when he first started posting videos. If you look at some of the old threads on here, he was bashed and trashed from one end of here to the other. And it spilled over onto his channel, with some nasty comments by some of our more trollish members.

But he came back to them and basically said "I'm not a homebrew hobbyist, I'm brewing because beer is so expensive here, so I'm going to make beer I enjoy, share what info I have, and not sweat the details."

And he did, and over the years he's become one of the folks who's gotten a lot of people into the hobby. It's so funny to see the shift in just a few years.
Negativity on forums comes in waves unfortunately. HBT does a very good job of keeping things very positive and helpful for the most part. It's a community I'm proud to be a member of.

But yes, I remember all the Craigtube hate. Personally, I like his quirky-ness, but I don't really gain anything from watching his videos. They are fun to watch, but I just find too many things I don't agree with to spend my time on his channel.

I have tons of respect for him though. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself and your ideas in front of a camera for the whole world to judge and see. He's done good things for the hobby, and that should be praised.
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #32
emiller0408
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Craig's awesome. You have to check out his cast on Justin.tv Friday nights starting at 9pm central.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
It's so funny how opinions about Craigtube have gone 360 degrees from when he first started posting videos. If you look at some of the old threads on here, he was bashed and trashed from one end of here to the other. And it spilled over onto his channel, with some nasty comments by some of our more trollish members.

But he came back to them and basically said "I'm not a homebrew hobbyist, I'm brewing because beer is so expensive here, so I'm going to make beer I enjoy, share what info I have, and not sweat the details."

And he did, and over the years he's become one of the folks who's gotten a lot of people into the hobby. It's so funny to see the shift in just a few years.
I remember quite a few negative comments on his videos that were from people on here. I mean, they didn't even bother to have a different HBT and YouTube name. I also remember some great comments from HBT members. In particular, I recall one of Craig's rants, a great one that he took down unfortunately, that prompted BobbyM to make a really good response video.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #34
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

Liked 2003 Times on 1754 Posts
Likes Given: 1476

I was watching one of his HBW recently where he mentioned the malt liquor crowd rattling his cage now. He was being a good joe about,basically saying live & let live. Idk what's wrong with some people being far too intolerant of what others like. I think Craig brews some tasty lookin stuff. I'd be perk as a ruttin buck to share some home brews & stories with him. He's been doin it for some 25 years.
Dan Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #35
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2732 Times on 1639 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiller0408 View Post
Craig's awesome. You have to check out his cast on Justin.tv Friday nights starting at 9pm central.
What does he do on Friday nights? Is it music or beer related? I'm a big Justin tv fan, that's where I get most of my content for my roku on.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #36
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

I haven't watched it yet,but he plays music,takes calls via skype,& chat window stuff. They talk about beer & other things.
Revvy Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #37
dstranger99
Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlee View Post
He's cool enough,in the first few months of your brewing timeline.
I hate the fact that folks send him loads and loads of free stuff,it turns me bloody well green with envy.
You should see the episode where a fan of his from Minnesota came to visit him, and Midwest Supplies donated a wort chiller, a boiling kettle, several pounds of dextrose, and other stuff. If I knew the link I'd post it.....

Anyway, it's just him and this guy sitting on the front porch talking, and they went out to dinner and drinks afterword.......

Primary: Caribou Slobber

Kegged: Stout

Bottled: Cent Blonde, Jakes Brown, Stout

I love Yooper........

Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #38
unionrdr
Wannabe author

Recipes 

I watched that one. He got some good stuff. Other times,guys in Europe would send him polish hops & stuff.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #39
dstranger99
Recipes 

Liked 104 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Any one know if he has an all grain video, I've seen his partial mash method which I'm gonna use on my next PM.

Primary: Caribou Slobber

Kegged: Stout

Bottled: Cent Blonde, Jakes Brown, Stout

I love Yooper........

Old 12-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #40
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Yes, he has at least one all-grain video. I think he's only done a handful of AG batches to this point. I like the one where he spends 45 minutes hand milling his grain!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Quick Reply