Cracked My First Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BogBrew21

Reaction score
Sampled my first brew today. Then I sampled some more, and more, and more, and...well you get the picture. I'm absolutely hooked. Why did I waste all that time searching for something I could just do myself. The fruits of my labor are tasty! Planning the next batch for the very near future!! :mug:

Oh yeah, you're a goner.
No more BMC for you!
Congrats.

Now take a 6 pack of that and put in your closet and forget about it for at least 3 months. And start your next batch very soon, because that will be gone before you know it.

Aha! That's where the addiction starts! Pretty soon you'll need a bigger brewpot, more carboys, a new wort chiller, etc. Then, you'll need more bottles. Then you'll be sick of all those bottles, and you'll want to keg. Then you'll buy another fridge. Then you'll need a new mashtun. Then you'll need a barley crusher. Then, you'll go to the National Homebrewer's Conference and meet your idols and have Ray Daniels drink your IPA and tell you he loves it.
I'm telling you, that's how it all started for me! :tank:

Aha! That's where the addiction starts! Pretty soon you'll need a bigger brewpot, more carboys, a new wort chiller, etc. Then, you'll need more bottles. Then you'll be sick of all those bottles, and you'll want to keg. Then you'll buy another fridge. Then you'll need a new mashtun. Then you'll need a barley crusher.

For me it was barley crusher, then kegs and fridge, then new mash tun to replace the first one. Haven't been to the NHC yet. Otherwise you are SPOT on. :mug:

Congrats to the OP. Now get brewin'. :)

Aha! That's where the addiction starts! Pretty soon you'll need a bigger brewpot, more carboys, a new wort chiller, etc. Then, you'll need more bottles. Then you'll be sick of all those bottles, and you'll want to keg. Then you'll buy another fridge. Then you'll need a new mashtun. Then you'll need a barley crusher. Then, you'll go to the National Homebrewer's Conference and meet your idols and have Ray Daniels drink your IPA and tell you he loves it.
I'm telling you, that's how it all started for me! :tank:

I'm scared now. :eek: The slope is slippery and steep, and there seems to be a big, loooooooooooong drop down...:D

Oh, don't worry: you are absolutely, positively, without a doubt screwed!:D

I've already got my next set of bottles on order, and I'm only on my second batch! Then I'll need more fermenters, and then...

This seems to be a common problem with people on this site!

Back