Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Could've been worse

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
Caucasian
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Default Could've been worse

Dropped my 5gal glass carboy today...

Thank glob it only had pbw water in it. Yesterday it held my dry hopped pale ale. Avoided disaster by 24 hours.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
inhousebrew
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 36

That still sucks but like you said, it could've been worse....

I had a close call two years ago when I dropped a six gallon carboy after racking to the secondary. It had about a half gallon or so of yeast sludge still in it and I dropped it on the edge of the bathtub I was going to empty it out into. Huge shatter noise, sludge everywhere leaking through piles of broken glass underneath the radiator, behind the sink and around the toilet. At that point I decided I was boned already and that a speedy response would serve no purpose so I walked out of the bathroom (careful not to loose a toe or two) and grabbed the camera to document what not to do. That was easily the biggest mess I have made thus far.

dscf3442.jpg  

I hate Walder Frey...

Old 08-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #3
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1432 Times on 1310 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I had that floor tile in my bathrooms- one green and the other pink.
Glad you thought to get a pic of that mess!

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

Old 08-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
jesseroberge
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

A month ago I brewed my first AG brew in my garage, long story short my wort has boiled chilled and ready to siphon into my beer in the carboy so I take my sterilising solution and garden hose start to clean my carboy for a last time to be sure that everything is A-OK , I must note that I had one too many homebrews ... As I add water into the carboy pick it up and. Start whirling it around , it slips and shatters on the floor slitting my vains on my wrist, I was half sacked, bleading like a pig and panicking thinking that blood and glass went into my wort... Finaly everyhing was fine no hospital no stitches no glass or blood in the wort, only a f***** up first HB experience, I bave 2 batches done since then, and believe you me, no beer crosses my mouth until after pitching Wanted to share my story habahahaha...

image-2312021438.jpg  

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS