Cool Ass Glassware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xamers

Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for European type glassware. You know the kind....the high end stuff with gold/silver rings around the top. Pils, Hefes, flutes, etc; marked in Liters usually and sometimes are unique to different breweries.

Time to upgrade from the pint glasses I've been using too long. Maybe spice up my beer life a little.

I see them at the liquor store frequently, especially around Christmas. They are usually packed with a breweries sample pack.

A lot of quality glassware does not have the gold or silver band on the top.

A lot of quality glassware does not have the gold or silver band on the top.

I don't really care about the bands, that was just an example. I'll have to keep my eyes open in the store. That means more visits.......:cross:

This thread is not as interesting as something with the phase "ass glassware" in the title should be.

(Sorry, I can't answer your question. We just have a bunch of regular pint glasses)

Except for the ringed rims you've described most of my glassware.

I acquired most of them from living in Germany for 9 years and collecting whenever possible. ;)

However, I must tell you that MANY of the glasses you described are not everyday drinking glasses or for display. The metal flakes off. If, by some chance, you wash them in a dishwasher they will turn color.

the everyday glasses (with the markings) will last forever...:rockin:

This thread is not as interesting as something with the phase "ass glassware" in the title should be.

(Sorry, I can't answer your question. We just have a bunch of regular pint glasses)

Is this the kind of "Ass Glass" of which you seek?

ass.jpg

I acquired many of my beer glasses by going to the German bars in my old neighborhood. SOMEHOW, by the end of the night, I would wind up with a couple of brewery glasses in my jacket or my (now ex)wife's purse.

Back