Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Contracted to write about, brewing...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
The Pol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default Contracted to write about, brewing...

Hey all! Well as some of you know there is supposed to be an upcoming "spot" in BYO covering my E-HERMS, issue date, unkown!?

I also have some cool news, yours truely has been contracted to write some brewing related material for a new brewing website that is supposed to be up and operational in the summer of '09!!

The first articles will be covering RIMS and HERMS related topics, I am discussing with the editor ideas for DIY topics and "brewing theories tested" where I would test some "theories" on my E-HERMS and detail the outcomes of said theories.

I may also discuss with him about doing some "vendor" spotlights... I think that could be very cool as well.

I would like to know if there are any topics that YOU ALL would like to see on a brewing related site?? I can throw the ideas at the editor and see what he sayes.

Thanks

Pol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #2
hammer one

Recipes 

Just remember not to get to technical only a small %of people want to want to know every mundane detail. Most of us just want to brew a good beer for ourselves. It is a hobby after all. An all consuming hobby. I do like the DIY a guy cant have too many gadgets.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Make sure to bash b3 some more.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
ajwillys
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 34

How about one of the theories I see you talk about alot, scorching wort with water heater elements. How easy is it do? Does it always happen? Is it a big deal if it does?

You could test a RIMS style where the wort is passing over the element as well as heat sticks where you just drop it in.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
The Pol
Recipes 

Scorching of wort would would be a good one... I also thought about other processes like mash thickness and such.

Right now I have to tap out the 700 word RIMS & HERMS discussion... I am testing some mash thickness ideas on my upcoming brews. My supplies should be here from Midwest today in fact.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
The Pol
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Make sure to bash b3 some more.
Oh I fully intend to... using all the facts and figures that I can muster. I am talking date and time of phone calls, emails... etc. Even the SS#'s of those there that have wronged me!

Quick Reply