Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Contracted to write about, brewing...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
The Pol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 50 Posts

Default Contracted to write about, brewing...

Hey all! Well as some of you know there is supposed to be an upcoming "spot" in BYO covering my E-HERMS, issue date, unkown!?

I also have some cool news, yours truely has been contracted to write some brewing related material for a new brewing website that is supposed to be up and operational in the summer of '09!!

The first articles will be covering RIMS and HERMS related topics, I am discussing with the editor ideas for DIY topics and "brewing theories tested" where I would test some "theories" on my E-HERMS and detail the outcomes of said theories.

I may also discuss with him about doing some "vendor" spotlights... I think that could be very cool as well.

I would like to know if there are any topics that YOU ALL would like to see on a brewing related site?? I can throw the ideas at the editor and see what he sayes.

Thanks

Pol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
hammer one

Recipes 

Just remember not to get to technical only a small %of people want to want to know every mundane detail. Most of us just want to brew a good beer for ourselves. It is a hobby after all. An all consuming hobby. I do like the DIY a guy cant have too many gadgets.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 164 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Make sure to bash b3 some more.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
ajwillys
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 33

How about one of the theories I see you talk about alot, scorching wort with water heater elements. How easy is it do? Does it always happen? Is it a big deal if it does?

You could test a RIMS style where the wort is passing over the element as well as heat sticks where you just drop it in.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
The Pol
Recipes 

Scorching of wort would would be a good one... I also thought about other processes like mash thickness and such.

Right now I have to tap out the 700 word RIMS & HERMS discussion... I am testing some mash thickness ideas on my upcoming brews. My supplies should be here from Midwest today in fact.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #6
The Pol
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Make sure to bash b3 some more.
Oh I fully intend to... using all the facts and figures that I can muster. I am talking date and time of phone calls, emails... etc. Even the SS#'s of those there that have wronged me!

Quick Reply