Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Competition shipping question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #11
Brewskii
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunhog
Worse case scenario is that it breaks in transit and makes a mess. They aren't going to come afte you....especially since it is unmarked bottles.
I don't think the Feds or FAA would feel this way if liquid of an unknown origin was leaking from a package on an airplane in its cargo hold.... But again, I don't know much about that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #12
Phunhog
Recipes 

Liked 147 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewskii View Post
I don't think the Feds or FAA would feel this way if liquid of an unknown origin was leaking from a package on an airplane in its cargo hold.... But again, I don't know much about that.
You know I didn't think about that. Do you have to "declare" every liquid that is shipped via USPS?

Check out my nanobrewery!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Two...02323289804018

Old 10-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #13
Brewskii
Recipes 

Liked 116 Times on 67 Posts

Yeah, legally they are supposed to ask even if you go to Staples or Office Depot or places like that. The 2nd hand shippers tend to ask fewer questions. If I send USPS I vacuum seal all the bottles in food saver bags just because I'm scared to death something is gonna get on a plane and start leaking. Also vacuum sealing does a remarkable job of keeping the bottles from knocking together if they are in the same bag. It's still illegal and I'm not suggesting anyone do it.

The few times I did it, I said it was soda, only so they know what they are in for if they drop it or put it on a plane or whatever. Hopefully congress will pass the bill I heard about and all this will become a thing of the past but it has yet to be tabled for a vote as far as I know.

Quick Reply