Competition Brewers 2009 Results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekm

Reaction score
I thought I would start this thread to see how everyone did in brewing competitions this year. I got the bug last year and went all in this year.

Competitions entered: 7
Number of entries: 188
1st place: 28
2nd place: 14
3rd place: 22

188 entries = 3 X 12oz X 188 = 6768oz = 52.875 gallons of beer. Good for you. I prefer to drink my beer.

I considered it a journey to explore Brewing Classic Styles and see if they were truly 80 award winning recipes anyone can brew.

I only entered one competition, the AHA regional, but I did place second for a Blonde Ale. It then went to the national final (ok, so actually that's 2 I guess), but I did not place there. It actually scored worse than the first round.

I am getting furloughed in 2 weeks and I am going to be brewing a bit morfe this year and I do want to try some more competition...I doubt that I'll have 188 entries though

Way to go man, good job! Here are my results:

Competitions Entered: 3
Number of Entries: 6
1st place: 1 (Also 3rd place in BOS round)
2nd place: 0
3rd place: 3

I'm hoping to up my entries for next year.

Way to go man, good job! Here are my results:

Competitions Entered: 3
Number of Entries: 6
1st place: 1 (Also 3rd place in BOS round)
2nd place: 0
3rd place: 3

I'm hoping to up my entries for next year.

Brag much?!?!?! :D

Third Place Brew Club FTW!!!

:mug:

Ha, nah... just didn't want to count one beer as a first and 3rd place so I put it up there.

Third Place Brew Club rules.... even my 1st place counted as a 3rd!!

Back