Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > City Brewery, from WI, purchased Brewery/Bottling in Memphis

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
JefeTheVol
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Default City Brewery, from WI, purchased Brewery/Bottling in Memphis

According to this article,

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/03/31/business-specialized-consumer-services-us-tn-city-brewing-memphis_8383980.html

City Brewery from La Crosse, WI bought the old Hardy Bottling Co in Memphis TN and it got me thinking. City Brewery is contract brewery who owns the Latrobe Brewery in PA and makes/bottles Sam Adams there.

I remember a few weeks ago hearing an announcement about Yeungling attempting to buy a brewery in Memphis and I speculated it to mean the old Coors brewery, here, that shutdown 5-6 years ago. It could be that this is the brewery/bottler that Yeungling was looking at as well. So we're presented with some unique opporunities for speculation.

1. City Brewery is contracted out to produce beers for Western/Southern Distribution, possibly Yeungling(TN already gets Yeungling)
2. City Brewery just increased its capacity for contract brewing and no changes for distribution.
3. City Brewery just makes Mike's Hard Lemonade Colt 45 and nobody cares.

-Jefe-

-Sometimes I feel like I'm up beer creek without a pint glass-

-May the IBU's be with you-

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply