Come enter the BrewHardware Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Citra Hops....did I miss them already?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #71
sloose
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 180
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissyFingers View Post
Amarillo at a good price, dont see the end flavor suffering being it's in "dust" form?

http://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/product_p/amarillo1.htm
i cant imagine it would...pellets turn right into dust from pellets anyway. I ordered a LB.
__________________

Bottled&Drinking: Founders All Day IPA Clone, Centennial blonde, Vienna Hefeweizen, Belgian wit, blizzard imperial IPA,
Conditioning: hard local cider
Primary: more local hard cider!
Secondary:
On Deck: English bitter, English IPA

sloose is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #72
NiteOwlBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissyFingers View Post
Amarillo at a good price, dont see the end flavor suffering being it's in "dust" form?

http://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/product_p/amarillo1.htm
Just ordered a pound of Amarillo shake and a couple random hops. I'm sure my recipes will be difficult to duplicate without a similar purchase from Yakima next year...
__________________
NiteOwlBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 AM   #73
NiteOwlBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 148
Default

Also just ordered a pound of Citra and Galaxy to take advantage of the FRIMON promo from label peelers.

__________________
NiteOwlBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #74
BeardedMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeardedMan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North NJ
Posts: 135
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

So right now the best option is to get the LB of the Amarillo dust? Or will some places restock on that and Citra?

__________________
BeardedMan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #75
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweetcell's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 4,314
Liked 729 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 284

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedMan View Post
So right now the best option is to get the LB of the Amarillo dust? Or will some places restock on that and Citra?
farmhousebrewingsupply.com claims that they will be receiving more citra, so you can keep checking there.
__________________
.
What hops should I grow? Hop grower's comparison table. Looking for cheap honey?

Fermenting: extract sour batch (half with Bugz and Critters mixes; other half with dregs from 12+ sours)
Drinking: galaxy/conan IPA, a farmhouse with ECY08 & brett blend
Aging: imperial chocolate stout, sour cherry mead, rye sour ECY20/ECY34 split, oud bruin, local sour cherry kriek & a few other sours, acerglyn, BDSA
sweetcell is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 01:11 AM   #76
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta Area, GA
Posts: 1,613
Liked 131 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Citra will come and go throughout the year.. Hop Union hasn't even released their stuff yet.

My LHBS still has a couple of pounds of whole leaf Citra from last year in the freezer.. And it's a pretty busy small time store.

__________________

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

FATC1TY is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #77
whitehause
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fleetwood, Pa
Posts: 1,118
Liked 144 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATC1TY View Post
Citra will come and go throughout the year.. Hop Union hasn't even released their stuff yet.

My LHBS still has a couple of pounds of whole leaf Citra from last year in the freezer.. And it's a pretty busy small time store.
I already got a couple pounds of Hop Union Citra from two different suppliers. I'm still waiting on a pound from Labelpeelers who keeps saying they're a mile from the Hop Union facility and pick up 5 days a week, but still nothing.
__________________
Screw it, Lets brew it

Primary 1- BM's Cream of three crops.
Primary 2- Paleface Scalper
Primary 3- Monks Reward (Kreuzberg)
Kegged - Honey Badger, Heady topper clone 1, Indian Paleface Scalper
Bottled- Skeptical Dog winter Lager, Hell's Belgian, Old Dutch Hiefer Hefe,Aphlewein, Chocolate Thunder porter, Jacked up lantern
whitehause is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #78
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta Area, GA
Posts: 1,613
Liked 131 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehause View Post
I already got a couple pounds of Hop Union Citra from two different suppliers. I'm still waiting on a pound from Labelpeelers who keeps saying they're a mile from the Hop Union facility and pick up 5 days a week, but still nothing.
HopUnion said they hoped to have it all processed by the end of December as far as I last heard.

They have a fair bulk of it, so my point was.. there's still some out there, while high in demand, it's not near as short in supply.

Amarillo however, is in short supply, no matter the demand. They suffered flood damage apparently. It's one of my favorite hops. I'll take it over Citra any day!
__________________

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

FATC1TY is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #79
day_trippr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stow, MA
Posts: 11,661
Liked 1446 Times on 1171 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATC1TY View Post
[...]Amarillo however, is in short supply, no matter the demand. They suffered flood damage apparently. It's one of my favorite hops. I'll take it over Citra any day!
Why "over"? I use both - sometimes in the same batch. Vive la différence!

If this whole Amarillo thing keeps amping up I think sometime around May I might eBay off some of my Amarillo stash to fatten up my retirement accounts

Cheers!
__________________
day_trippr is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #80
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta Area, GA
Posts: 1,613
Liked 131 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_trippr View Post
Why "over"? I use both - sometimes in the same batch. Vive la différence!

If this whole Amarillo thing keeps amping up I think sometime around May I might eBay off some of my Amarillo stash to fatten up my retirement accounts

Cheers!
I agree. I love both, and am fortunate enough to have both on hand, and at my LHBS with no limitations just about.

But if I HAD to choose one hop to have for the year.. Amarillo is probably the more rounded out one for me to choose!
__________________

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

FATC1TY is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Citra Hops Jay1 General Beer Discussion 12 08-31-2013 12:34 AM
Citra hops oze152 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 43 08-05-2013 01:52 PM
Have you used citra hops as bittering hops? I have... planker101 Recipes/Ingredients 19 09-27-2012 12:25 PM
citra hops? arnoldk2 Recipes/Ingredients 23 07-31-2012 04:41 PM
For Sale - FS: Citra hops k47k For Sale 7 03-24-2012 02:12 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS