Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Cincinnati restaurant help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
dougdecinces
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Cincinnati restaurant help

I'm taking SWMBO on a spur of the moment trip to Cincinnati tomorrow and I'm trying to find places to eat. I want a decent sitdown restaurant (not too pricey) that also has a good supply of local craft brew. We will be around Over-the-Rhine and downtown. I'm having a hard time finding this on my own, so I'm hoping people more in the know can help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
astebelton
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Haven't been there yet, it wasn't quite open last time we were in the Nati, but I would try the new Moerlein Lager House

If you go, let me know how it is!

Old 06-24-2012, 03:25 AM   #3
BeerLoverHere
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 8

http://www.cincinnati.com/beer/events.html

Check that website out. I've been to a few places on the other side of the river in KY and really enjoyed those, but forget the names. If I remember right, there was one more authentic establishment that served beer in steins. Sorry I can't be of more assistance...I had a real good time!

Old 06-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
mr_randy_watson
Recipes 

Last post was referencing haufbrauhaus. Good food and beer but not exactly local. Morlein's lager house has opened to great reviews as well. If your willing to explore some near by neighborhoods Hyde Park square has cock 'n bull and teller's. Mariemont has Dilly Deli and Northside has the Comet. On the Ky side main strasse area is worth exploring as well. Oh - and no date weekend in Cincy is complete without a drink at the blind lemon in Mt Adams.
Enjoy the city - plenty to see.

Quick Reply