Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Christmas Winter Warmer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Hrahn1995
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Christmas Winter Warmer

Hey i dont do alot of beers, im a mead guy but im gonna be doing my batch at the end of the month as a christmas/ winter spice themed batch so im gonna be having a Spiced Cranberry Mead, Spiced Pumpkin Mead, A Winter Warmer and something else. the idea is they will be ready or close to ready by christmas. So now i get to my question, can someone with experience in Spiced brews take a look at this recipe?

Winter Warmer: 1 Gallon
1lb Dark Dry Malt, (1/2 lightly toasted in oven)
.5lb Priming Sugar
.2lb Wild Flower Honey
1tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 Cinnamon Stick
1/8 tsp ground Cloves
1/2 tsp Amylase

I dont ahve the ability to do a boil so im using the amylase to get a nice dry ale. i believe this should turn out to be around 9-10% abv. im not sure about the amount of the spices or if cloves would be good but i know i want nutmeg and probably cinnamon. Thanks everyone, Happy Brewing

Bright fruitless orchards
Brown sun catchers drift along
Sippin’ hard cider

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
Xaphoeous
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 779 Times on 763 Posts
Likes Given: 58

I am also planning to brew a Winter Warmer with some nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, but I don't know what hops I'm going to use. Do you plan on using hops? Do you have a yeast selected? I'm thinking I'll just go with US-05 (SafAle).

I do, however, plan to boil and I plan to make this an all-grain 5 gallon batch.

I'm hoping some experienced and seasoned spiced ale brewers weigh in on this!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:41 AM   #3
Hrahn1995
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah im a mead maker so i dont have a typical Ale yeast and that also why i dont have the equipment for allgrain. i only make a few beers a year probably maybe 1 every 2 batches (i do 4 1 gallon batches for 2 months at a time). The hops i plan on using are Cascade, i have some warrior but im gonna use those for at least a bitter hopped mead, and a Bochet Braggot. Happy Brewing

Bright fruitless orchards
Brown sun catchers drift along
Sippin’ hard cider

Quick Reply