Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > chocolate triple?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
sydzappa
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default chocolate triple?

Me and a friend are planning doing our first batch of beer together. We were thinking outside the box and threw out the ideas of either a chocolate triple or an oatmeal triple. I am having trouble finding any previous feedback on either of these combinations. Anyone ever had or attempted anything like this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 03:05 AM   #2
spacecowboy13
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

From a fellow newbie, I'd recommend against going too crazy too soon. I'd brew some more traditional styles that you're used to drinking to get a feel for the whole process and how certain things affect taste. Once you get those down, then I'd start tweaking things. Just my $.02.

Primary: 5W30 Dry Stout, Reverse Cowgirl American Wheat
Secondary: None
Bottled: Smashed Pumpkin Pale Ale, All Rye'ld up RyePA, Atomic Panty Dropper Belgian Strong Ale

Old 08-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #3
Darkness
Local's Need's Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Default Try it

I would recommend coco nibs, and some coco powder Alkali free. This will give the range of chocolate flavor. If you have a local chocolate shoppe go ask if they have any nibs or anything you could make beer with they might hook you up.

Think of beer as food Trippels are malty, rich, complex esters from the yeast and a beer you want to enjoy! So now you add chocolate a mix of Bannana Esters rich malty ness with a smooth rich chocolate with just a bit of bitterness.
Myself I would even be tempted to hit it with a shot of Bannana Liqure just for fun.

Never made one but you talked me into it. Use a Belgian High Gravity and start it at 11% OG, mash at 150F-152f to keep that great body, and malt.

Oh and send me one thanks

Why can't every day be a Brew day?

You Stay Classy Brew Nation!!

"He who dies with the most beer didn't drink enough!!"
(that's from me)

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS