New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Chicken Stock/Flavoring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #31
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2657 Times on 1602 Posts
Likes Given: 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanzorro View Post
With the article about creating the consomme, could you do that with anything that you can turn into a liquid? Throw ingredients in a blender and maybe add some water?

Actually yes......water or milk (not milk for brewing, but for cooking) and not always using a blender, sometimes they will simply steep whatever flavor they are trying to take the essence of in warm milk or water.

Here's him demoing it with just steeping.

I've also seen him do stuff with just water and a blender.

The Ideas in Food blog supposedly has a ton of consume/infusion recipes like that.

It's fun to play around with this stiff. I've only now started to look at it not just in the kitchen, but the brewery as well. The guy that took my advice for doing it to coconut milk wass able to get a fermentable liquid to make a wine with.

Next time I want to make my Ginger snap brown ale, instead of just putting the cookies in the mash tun, I'm going to blend them with hot water, then do gel filtration and hopefully end up with an extract to just add to the boil and even maybe to boil my priming sugar with.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply