Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Carbonation question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
rbaysden1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Carbonation question

So I force carb all of my beers and seems to come out great, however when I bottle them from the keg and drink after a week or so after it seems flat in the bottles? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Rob-

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
OldWorld
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

bottle 1 gallon of the beer unprimed and use priming tabs or table sugar per bottle...Then you get some bottle conditioned beers.

Or just bottle condition the entire batch

Old 05-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #3
Dunerunner
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 29

After you have reached the carbonation volume you want, allow your beer to sit at serving pressure in the keg for a week. When you fill from the tap, have the bottles at or below the temperature of your beer, fill by attaching tubing to the tap that extends to the bottom of your bottles, never push the beer harder than serving pressure and cap the bottles imediately.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
DoubleAught
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbaysden1 View Post
So I force carb all of my beers and seems to come out great, however when I bottle them from the keg and drink after a week or so after it seems flat in the bottles? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Rob-
It's just like if you open a 2 liter of soda, after a few days it goes flat. Same goes for beer.

A lot of places I buy growlers from have a notice on the side that it should be drank within two days.

Hope that helps.
In their efforts to regulate beer quality, the ancient Babylonians, who were among history's earliest brewers, decreed that any commercial beermaker who sold unfit beer would be drowned in their own libation.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
rbaysden1
Recipes 

Thanks everyone. I only have a few 22 ounce bottles since I just keg. I just finished a beer competition and an overall average forum beers was a little flat. However I did really well in the other categories. I will just save a gallon to bottle and try the drops, is it 30 days to let them carbonate?

Quick Reply