Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Canning beer at home

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
WIBeerGeek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Canning beer at home

I know that commercial canning lines are damned expensive and require a minimum run far larger than a home brewer often does. However, I noticed this video for a brew shop in Australia:

Does anyone have any idea what machine that is that they are using to can beers one at a time?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2710 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Yeah the same company that made it cost effective for microbrewers to can their beer, by reducing the minimum size of the can runs, ALSO supplies the canning equiptment, both to microbreweries AND to Brew on Premises.

WELCOME TO CASK.COM

There's a pull down for BOPs.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-22-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
WIBeerGeek
Recipes 

I think I just found it, if anyone is interested: http://www.cask.com/main/index.php?page_id=152

Old 03-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
WIBeerGeek
Recipes 

Thanks Revvy, you beat me to it I should have just refreshed..

Old 03-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Revvy

Recipes 

Uh, yeah that's what I gave YOU.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
Revvy

Recipes 

LOL so should I have.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #7
hillybilly
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

it is cask brewing here's a video from the company

Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
WIBeerGeek
Recipes 

Just sent out an e-mail to try to get a quote on the manual canning system. If anyone is interested, I will post the price on here after I get it.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
WIBeerGeek
Recipes 

Yeah, its pretty frickin awesome! IMHO, canning is a better way to go than bottles, at least on a commercial scale.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
NervousDad
BFM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 166 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIBeerGeek View Post
Just sent out an e-mail to try to get a quote on the manual canning system. If anyone is interested, I will post the price on here after I get it.
Based on this thread I found on a forum it's way pricey

Quote:
We are currently exploring the idea of a canning line. We could buy a filler and seamer system that matches the speed of our bottling line (200 bpm) for about $300,000+ but we thought we'd much rather test the market for our beer in cans. I have found Cask Brewing Systems offers a nice 30 cpm system for about $50,000. Does anyone have any experience with them or any other suggestions. Ideal speed would be about 80-100 cpm and cost about $100,000-$150,000. We don't like to buy used equipment. I'm willing to accept any thoughts or suggestions. Also if anyone knows how much cans cost for smaller orders (~20,000 cases at a time) please let me know. Thanks.

P.S.... Since I've found this website it seems like I'm posting way more than anyone else. Am I abusing the system?

Quick Reply