Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Can I ship this stuff?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #21
zeg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr View Post
I saw on the news a couple months ago that the USPS is concidering allowing beer mailing to increase business.
I'd heard this as well. It sounds like a good idea to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootFriar View Post
I mentioned this upthread, but didn't come outright and ask -- any experience with shipping from the US to Canada? Since whatever is inside has to be declared on customs forms, it seems that it would be a bit more likely to get searched or something.
I'm not sure about this, but it appears that Canada's postal service does not permit non-commercial shipments (http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/ma...-e.asp#1386292). Not sure whether this applies to non-postal carriers, though. I'm also not sure what the importation rules are for homemade alcohol (or even if they're any different).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #22
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2023 Times on 1772 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

Craig did mention in one home brew wednesday video that he didn't get anything from the states. I assumed he ment beers? Odd,because he gets then from other countries.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #23
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Check out www.beermonthclub.com. On their site they say:
"Do you ship to my state?
We ship our Wine and Beer clubs to all states except Utah, Alaska, and Hawaii"

So maybe they have a special agreement with ups and or FedEx?

On tap: Turbo DIPA, Naked American Wheat, Sightless Swine IPA, Petite Saison d'ete, Caramel Apple Cider
Bottled: Weizenbier, LaChouffe Clone, La Fin Du Monde Clone, Cottage House Oaked Saison with Chardonnay

Text to SWMBO: "Honey I'm having one more pint with the guys, be home in 20 minutes. If I'm not home by then, read this message again."

Old 01-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #24
reverendj1
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 113

From FedEx.com:

Quote:
Alcoholic Beverages
Only licensed entities holding a state and federal license or retailers holding a state license may ship alcohol with FedEx. Consumers may not ship alcohol. Shippers must enter into an approved FedEx Alcohol Shipping Agreement before shipping any alcohol with FedEx. For more information, go to fedex.com/us/wine or contact your FedEx account executive.

Licensee to Licensee. FedEx will accept alcohol shipments (beer, wine and spirits) when both the shipper and recipient are either licensed wholesalers, licensed dealers, licensed distributors, licensed manufacturers, licensed retailers or licensed importers, subject to additional requirements and all applicable laws and regulations. Contact your FedEx account executive for complete details.
Licensee to Consumer. FedEx will accept wine shipments from licensed entities directly to consumers, subject to additional requirements and all applicable laws and regulations. Contact your FedEx account executive for complete details. Shipments of beer or spirits to consumers are prohibited.
From UPS.com I couldn't find anything specific to beer, or more general like alcohol, but here is what they say about wine:

Quote:
Who Can Ship Wine
Who can ship wine via UPS services?

UPS only accepts packages containing wine from shippers who are licensed under applicable law and who have signed and entered into a contract with UPS for the transportation of wine.
So basically, they both say you have to enter an agreement with the shipper and be a legal seller. That's how the beer of the month, etc. ship it.

Quick Reply