New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Can 3 days make a difference?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
Damian13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Can 3 days make a difference?

So I a m going to my hometown this weekend and I really wanted to share my beer (bavarian hefe) which is currently bottle conditioning. I tried it after tried it after 5 days conditioning knowing that it might still be flat but noticed that that wasn't the case. I noticed that although the beer has really good carbonation, it is still a bit sweet and probably could stand a bit more carbonation. It will be 3 days tomorrow since that happened, so it has been 8 days of conditioning now. Can I expect that the extra 3 days conditioning had any type of significant impact on my beer or will it still taste pretty much the same?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 368 Times on 307 Posts
Likes Given: 474

Hefe's are good fresh though I would expect it to change as it conditions. There's one way to know for sure, cheers!

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/cascades-key-west-333466/

Primary : Smoked Rye Saison
Primary : BBA Stout
Primary : Soon To Be Filled
On Tap : Edicion Regionales Inglaterra, Apple Pie Cider, Queen Ann's Revenge IPA
Bottled : Bourbon Chocolate Breakfast Stout
On Deck : Atocha Amber, FBS Clone, Red Wheat and Blue, Slob On My Rogg-enbier

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
basilchef
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian13
So I a m going to my hometown this weekend and I really wanted to share my beer (bavarian hefe) which is currently bottle conditioning. I tried it after tried it after 5 days conditioning knowing that it might still be flat but noticed that that wasn't the case. I noticed that although the beer has really good carbonation, it is still a bit sweet and probably could stand a bit more carbonation. It will be 3 days tomorrow since that happened, so it has been 8 days of conditioning now. Can I expect that the extra 3 days conditioning had any type of significant impact on my beer or will it still taste pretty much the same?
+1 on the young part. Just share it and if need be beg forgiveness for a sweet beer.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
bottlebomber
I FWH my IPAs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2598 Times on 2045 Posts
Likes Given: 277

It is likely that it has carbonated more... More carbonation means that the sweetness will be less perceivable. I would stick them in the fridge to help the beer to absorb the Co2 to this end. I think it will be ok.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
unionrdr
Gotta home brew jones
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1662 Times on 1467 Posts
Likes Given: 1138

Yeah.barely ok. 8 days is pushing it. I had a couple batches fully carbed in 10 & 11 days,but they were def better at 3-4 weeks. If you aren't leaving till morning,then get some in the fridge today sometime.

Quick Reply