Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Calling everyone that is attending Oktoberfest 2011 in Munich

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
blackdragon82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Calling everyone that is attending Oktoberfest 2011 in Munich

Ok so I have booked my trip to Oktoberfest for the first week of Sept 17th-24th. We all know its the festival with over 6 million people visiting each year. I found out that you can reserve tables IF you have enough people.

So NuclearRich and I have been talking and thought maybe we could get enough people to reserve some tables. This way we do not have to worry about waiting in lines all day to get into the popular tents, and have a couple of drinks with the guys from HBT.

I have all the links to reserve the tables and hope that we can get enough people to come. I am going with SWMBO and so is NuclearRich. Who else wants in

Open for reservations:
Hippodrom: Requires at least 6 to reserve a table
Beer Served: Spaten Franziskaner*

Hofbrau: Requires at least 10 to reserve
Beer Served: Hofbrau

Kafers Wies'n-Schanke: Couldn't find the requirement
Beer Served: Paulaner

Bräurosl: Requires at least 10 to reserve
Beer Served: Hacker Pschorr

Some were booked already but I am still looking for other tents

There is a fee associated with the reservation of course. As I find more I will post it on here.

I know I would definitely be down for the Hippodrom and Hofbrau

Carboy 1:Russian Imperial Stout
Carboy 2:Russian Imperial Stout
Carboy 3:Double Choc Milk Stout
Carboy 4:empty :(
Keg 1: English Brown Ale
Keg 2: Barleywine
Keg 3: Cider
Keg 4: Backup Cider :D

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
kccvxd
Recipes 

Just a heads-up in case you don't get a large enough group - I went with my wife last year (AMAZING), and as long as you get there early (between 10 and 12) and it's during the week, you can pretty much just walk in and sit down in any tent you want. Most all (if not all) tents have non-reserved seating. My wife and I did a lot of tent hopping without any kind of reservation. The later in the day it gets, though, the harder it will be to leave a tent and find a spot in a new one.

Also, bare in mind that we did this during the week, not on the weekend. I know it is CRAZY on the weekend.

Good luck, and have a ton of fun!

Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
blackdragon82
Recipes 

Awesome!! Yeah my GF had a friend who told her the same. I'm thinking more of doing this for the afternoon type stuff when it gets busy.

It would just be easier if we had tables but otherwise that is our plan. I really can't wait for this trip. Did Ireland last year (first time to Europe) and now this. I love it over there!

Old 05-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 35

What you said IS correct. HOWEVER, do not expect this to work on Saturdays/Sundays, and not after 4pm on a weekday.

I've been to the O-Fest 4 years total and it's getting more and more packed every year.

Also, make sure you booked your hotel room, uh... a few months ago.

M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccvxd View Post
Just a heads-up in case you don't get a large enough group - I went with my wife last year (AMAZING), and as long as you get there early (between 10 and 12) and it's during the week, you can pretty much just walk in and sit down in any tent you want. Most all (if not all) tents have non-reserved seating. My wife and I did a lot of tent hopping without any kind of reservation. The later in the day it gets, though, the harder it will be to leave a tent and find a spot in a new one.

Also, bare in mind that we did this during the week, not on the weekend. I know it is CRAZY on the weekend.

Good luck, and have a ton of fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
blackdragon82
Recipes 

Oh I've been booked since march. I have a couple of friends who are debating now and I told them to get in gear.

Are you going for a 5th year??? If you want to join a table your more than welcome

Old 05-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
NuclearRich
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Ohhh yeah baby!
Gonna be booking my trip ASAP. I sure hope I can get a place to stay, lol. I really want to go for the opening ceremonies, and then the weekend I can drink first thing in the morning for all I care. If its still ridiculous, I can find other things to do and just hit the tents during the early week. Cant wait!
It would be especially cool to meet some of the people we are all chatting with here.

Kegged - Amber (homegrown hops)
Bottled - 30th birthday barleywine, caramel gingerbread quad, doppelbock dunkel, Mulberry wit, Caramel Quad/RUMCAKE, porter, Blueberry Blonde, Amber, Single Hop Pale Ale (exp 4190), A Conan Selfie
Primary - Lambic!, IPA

Cogito Ergo Doleo

"rdwhahb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudefromguam View Post
I thought that meant people were getting frustrated with their brews. Like- OH NO my beer is infected RHWAHAHRBLABLE!!!! OR- My beer pours all foamy RDWHAHBLARABBLE

Old 05-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #7
JohnTheBrewist
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I wish I could be there with you guys! When I lived in Germany I went every year. Munich is really easy to travel around in, so be sure to take in some of the other sights, too. The S-Bahn and U-bahn will get you pretty much anywhere you want to go.

For you first-timers, here's some Fest-iquette:

Germans use their thumb to count 1, thumb and forefinger for 2. If you hold up just your forefinger (index finger) you might get 2 beers brought. If you hold up your hand, you might get 5.

Go ahead and tip well like good Americans, it'll keep the beermaid coming back (it's also OK to offer to buy her a beer or schnapps).

A door with "WC" on it is the bathroom. There is often a woman by the door (maybe even inside, and don't expect her to leave while you do your business) to clean up after you. Leave her some change.

It is common for German restaurants to seat more than one party at the same table. If this happens, take advantage of it, and strike up a conversation. Most Germans speak at least some English and are usually thrilled to talk to you.

In restaurants, a tip, "Bedienungszuschlag", is already included. But it is still customary to leave a small additional amount.

Have a great trip!

John

Somewhere between
your liver and spleen
its always clear
for one more beer!

Old 05-20-2011, 03:22 AM   #8
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I'm working a contract job, so it's less tempting to go since I don't get paid when I don't work... I haven't ruled it out. My liver may decide not to tag along.

M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon82 View Post
Oh I've been booked since march. I have a couple of friends who are debating now and I told them to get in gear.

Are you going for a 5th year??? If you want to join a table your more than welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:01 AM   #9
rustbucket
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i would, if i had the resources to do so... sadly this year im out.. i would love to go.. (one of the things on my bucket list) even tho im to young to have a bucket list hahaha

Old 05-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #10
NuclearRich
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I picked up a second job just so I could go!

Kegged - Amber (homegrown hops)
Bottled - 30th birthday barleywine, caramel gingerbread quad, doppelbock dunkel, Mulberry wit, Caramel Quad/RUMCAKE, porter, Blueberry Blonde, Amber, Single Hop Pale Ale (exp 4190), A Conan Selfie
Primary - Lambic!, IPA

Cogito Ergo Doleo

"rdwhahb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudefromguam View Post
I thought that meant people were getting frustrated with their brews. Like- OH NO my beer is infected RHWAHAHRBLABLE!!!! OR- My beer pours all foamy RDWHAHBLARABBLE

Quick Reply