Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Bugs - not the good kind

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Halbrust
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default Bugs - not the good kind

I just tossed a gallon fermentor because it had bugs crawling on/swimming in the brew.

I thought it might have an infection, because it had a white 'cap' on it. But was hoping it was from the lactos.

The wife bugged me over the weekend that I should toss it because she thought it was moldy. I took a good look last night and saw 'things' in it. Not ants, but ant-like, I didn't check any closer. The whole thing hit the trash.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2200 Times on 1916 Posts
Likes Given: 1648

If they looked like large,big headed black ants,there a species of termite. I've seen those before. If they're really tiny,they could be spidermights or earwigs.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply