New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Buffalo Wild Wings dumb commercial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #11
chalmer9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimzella View Post
calm down poochie
You created this thread. What is a poochie?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #12
grimzella
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmer9 View Post
Offended? It has nothing to do with you personally.
true its has to do with you 2

Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #13
grimzella
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalmer9 View Post
You created this thread. What is a poochie?
and your taking me seriously

Old 09-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2669 Times on 1611 Posts
Likes Given: 3465

Wow, it's hard to believe how many homebrewers are SO insecure about their hobby and how folks might perceive them, that instead of being flattered that something they are interested and passionate about is getting satired, they get their widdle feelings hurt, or pissed off about it.

Usually when we're bothered by something, deep down we believe it. So if folks get upset about a commercial poking fun at homebrewing they must think, deep down that there's a grain of truth to it....that maybe homebrew IS inferior to craft beer, or they suck as a brewer.

Me, I think it's a hilarious spoof on our hobby. I think it shows that homebrewing's gaining a level of cachet these day, that it's growing in popularity. Heck even the White House is brewing now (if you haven't heard )

If anything maybe it's BWW that is threatened by the rise in homebrewing. Remember when Budweiser, feeling threatened by craft beers picked on them? It's probably not too different.

A wise man (I think it was a character on the West Wing) once said, "If their shooting at you, that means you must be doing something right."

I'm more flattered by the commercial than bothered. It's nice to be hearing mention of homebrewing....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #15
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin18 View Post
First BWW thread ever!
You mean today, right? There's actually about 5 threads about the commercial, most of them back when the commercial first aired WEEKS ago. There's also a BWW thread talking about how cool it is that in many states (like Michigan) they actually have a great selection of local beers. And how in Michigan BWW supported Michigan Craft beer month in July. Even going so far as to selling really neat Michigan Craft Beer glasses with partial proceeds going to the Michigan Brewer's guild.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-28-2012, 02:07 AM   #16
Mongrel
Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malstorme View Post
Mmmmm, bratwurst beer!

HI!

Mals
lol, my first thought was of Sgt. Hulka too

Old 09-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #17
grimzella
Recipes 

no one is insecure here yoda. just putting it out there. some peeps dont like it, some peeps do. you have your take, i have mine.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #18
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimzella View Post
...... everyone knows all they have on tap is "mostly" run of the mill everyday beer.
Actually the BWWs in Michigan have Founder's Dirty Bastard, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, New Holland Mad Hatter, And Dragonmead Final Absolution Tripel on Tap, with another 11 craft beers as well.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #19
grimzella
Recipes 

Pittsburgh is not as big on "Craft" beers. Most chains around here just have the norm. Yuengling tho, is mostly always on tap.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #20
MechanicalAdvantage
Recipes 

I thought it was pretty funny!

If there's anything to be upset by, it's the whole "you're a guy, so you're supposed to like football" marketing.

Quick Reply