Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Buffalo Wild Wings commercial

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #21
Kmcogar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It's funny BBW puts an ad up like that. I jut won a homebrew competition. My beer is going to be brewed up in a real brewery and serve at.....guess where?.......yes......Buffalo Wild Wings

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
hodge
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Congrats! Any chance we can see the recipe?

Old 10-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #23
freisste
Recipes 

Liked 298 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHomelessGuy
Now they are probably a Killian's Red. When I was a sophomore in college I thought Killian's was good. I have no idea what one tastes like anymore and I am not even sure if they are still around but from memory they were part of a larger conglomerate that posed as being a smaller brewery. Or something like that.
I believe they are owned by Coors. Not sure. Also "posed" is kind of a strong word. They don't celebrate the fact that they are owned by a large company, but I don't think they try too hard to hide the fact either. Leinenkugel's is owned by Miller and the same goes for them. Much more varied, interesting beers than those badged as miller.

Also not much different than GM owning Cadillac and Saturn (not anymore, though). It doesn't make Cadillac bad, just makes it easier to market to a broader range of customers.

That being said, I agree that I used to think killians was better than it is, I agree that they are owned by a larger company, I got a kick out of the commercial, and I am ALMOST completely not offended when people make fun of me based on the commercial.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #24
ktblunden
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 289 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I think the commercial is funny. If a national chain is making commercials taking potshots at homebrewers it means the hobby is more than just a fringe activity. That combined with the White House staff homebrewing (any comments about that take it to the discussion in recipes, keep it out of here) shows that we're getting some recognition in the mainstream. It all raises public awareness of the hobby and hopefully the last two backward states will finally at some point make it legal again.

"This one's done in *sniff* two minutes."

Old 10-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
billf2112
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 13

It's a war on homebrewers, quick break out the picket signs, call CNN, let Roseann Barr make a rude off the wall statement.

It is just another chain restaurant who knows slightly more about beer than home brewing. Who cares? They serve packaged food and for the most part crap beer. It is like the cook at McDonald's telling Gordon Ramsay how to cook.

Bill from Pa

On Deck: Irish Stout,
Primary: Pumpkin Ale
Secondary: Empty
Completed: Red, Wit and Blue, Irish Stout, Red Ale, German Style Amber Lager, All Grain Brews: Irish Red Ale, American Stout, Honey Weizen

Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #26
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've been speaking with the sales manager of BWW and they said they will be moving to a good craft beer selection in January of 2013.

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #27
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmcogar View Post
I've been speaking with the sales manager of BWW and they said they will be moving to a good craft beer selection in January of 2013.
Mabye,you talking nationally?Or just your area? If thats the way they will be here,Ill be more likely to go.Its nice to get beers on tap like arrogant bastard or SN Pale ale even, in random places,Ive never had on tap before.And yeah,the tap experience does seem different per beer,it seems to me-sometimes not always better though.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #28
chalmer9
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts

People actually responded to this? lmao

Old 10-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #29
Maxkling
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 10 Posts

There are a high percentage of home brewers that are beer snobs. Just like any other things that have snobs, they have no sense of humor. I found it hilarious and enjoyed it. I also have enjoyed EVERY BWW's beer selection that I have been to and have a huge micro selection. Their wings give me serious rectal burnage, but I still enjoy the food, beer, and atmosphere.

Get out of your bubble and smile and try to enjoy life and alternate views and opinions(its called marketing).

"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

"Gun Control Means Using Both Hands."

Old 10-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #30
verbhertz
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My friends mother works for BWW corporate. I should ask her what's up.

Quick Reply