Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Buffalo wild wings

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #61
bovineblitz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I was gonna do the popcorn thing actually, I find it pretty amusing as well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #62
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1711 Times on 1600 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovineblitz
I was gonna do the popcorn thing actually, I find it pretty amusing as well.
You find that amusing? Pfffft... you clearly have the worst sense of humor anybody has ever had, ever. In the history of the universe. And I am the absolute authority on senses of humor, so I would know. Jeez, try to learn the difference between funny and not funny, and maybe you won't look so pathetic.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #63
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2640 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 293

C'mon emjay, don't stir it... Don't do it..
Screw it. Come at me bro.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #64
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber
C'mon emjay, don't stir it... Don't do it..
Screw it. Come at me bro.
Not really trying to stir anything. Just an attempt to get him to see how such postS (yes... more than just one!) of his are totally ridiculous and uncalled for.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #65
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
You find that amusing? Pfffft... you clearly have the worst sense of humor anybody has ever had, ever. In the history of the universe. And I am the absolute authority on senses of humor, so I would know. Jeez, try to learn the difference between funny and not funny, and maybe you won't look so pathetic.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #66
ohai
Recipes 

After all the hype I finally went to YouTube and watched it.... Yup, pretty damn hilarious. If your feelings get hurt over this, you really gotta find some thicker skin. Will I ever eat there? Probably not. Not because I'd this commercial but from what I've read/heard about their food and beverage selection. Big chains should never discount the power of word of mouth.

I also see that auto correct on my phone didn't catch your and turn it into you're for me. I will not attempt to try and tap the proper 1/96th area of my screen to fix it in my current state. All attempts will be fruitless.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #67
emjay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohai
Not because I'd [sic] this commercial but from what I've read/heard about their food and beverage selection.
Actually, what may be the funniest part about all this is that BW3 probably has a better beer selection than any other chain of similar size. That's not to say it's true of ALL their locations, as there do indeed seem to be locations that don't really carry any craft beer, but if I were stuck in a random, unfamiliar town with only large chain restaurants/bars and felt like a pint of craft beer, my money would be on BW3 having the best selection.

So it's actually pretty funny that people are getting so butthurt over their perception that the chain is trying to insult craft/homebrew, when it couldn't be further from the truth. Their food, on the other hand, is indeed usually mediocre at best. So if I really were stuck in the above hypothetical town, I would have to choose between decent food or decent beer. I would most likely grab a bite somewhere else first, and then drop by BW3 to see if that particular location carries any decent brews.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #68
dudius
Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay

Actually, what may be the funniest part about all this is that BW3 probably has a better beer selection than any other chain of similar size. That's not to say it's true of ALL their locations, as there do indeed seem to be locations that don't really carry any craft beer, but if I were stuck in a random, unfamiliar town with only large chain restaurants/bars and felt like a pint of craft beer, my money would be on BW3 having the best selection.
It may have something to do with local or regional management. My local restaurant seems to put put better food than one I went to elsewhere. And where I live they have the biggest beer selection and are the only ones with craft beer aside from Bell's Oberon (very popular in Michigan)

Check out my beer blog http://indiebeerdrinker.blogspot.com/

Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #69
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohai View Post
After all the hype I finally went to YouTube and watched it.... Yup, pretty damn hilarious. If your feelings get hurt over this, you really gotta find some thicker skin. Will I ever eat there? Probably not. Not because I'd this commercial but from what I've read/heard about their food and beverage selection. Big chains should never discount the power of word of mouth.

I also see that auto correct on my phone didn't catch your and turn it into you're for me. I will not attempt to try and tap the proper 1/96th area of my screen to fix it in my current state. All attempts will be fruitless.
Idk where you'd think it 'hurts my feelings' or that I actually care all that much. In a not very serious thread I posted what I thought, pretty simple... not really very invested in what people think about that (though the overreactions are pretty amusing )

I don't think BWW is terrible, I'll go there to watch a football game or two... their more unusual styles of wings are pretty good and they have a billion TVs. You can get a halfway decent beer but nothing special... then again when I go to a bar to watch football usually some of the people I'm with just want something cheap, so it kinda works out. Other than that I doubt I'd hit one up. As Dudius said, it's possible they vary a lot regionally depending on who runs them, but I've never had a bad experience at one.

I hope you're just trolling with your last little paragraph there

Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #70
ohai
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovineblitz View Post
Idk where you'd think it 'hurts my feelings' or that I actually care all that much. In a not very serious thread I posted what I thought, pretty simple... not really very invested in what people think about that (though the overreactions are pretty amusing )
I wasn't really referring to anybody in particular. Right on about it not being a very serious thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovineblitz View Post
I hope you're just trolling with your last little paragraph there
It took me a few minutes to figure this one out. I re-read the thread and I see the comments about spelling earlier. That was a drunk me just being a smartass all around. I caught it as I was about to hit the send button but there was no way in hell of fixing it.

So, no offense intended for anybody except those who think they should take offense.

Quick Reply