Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Bud's Famous Claim

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #41
TheFlatline
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
I don't know why we're debating Bud's or anyone's advertising slogans, or why this is shocking?

Is Coors Light really "The coldest tasting beer in the world" ?
Is Carlsberg "Probably the best beer in the world" ?
Is Corona really "Miles Away From Ordinary" ?

Is Barnum & Bailey really "the Greatest Show On Earth" ?
Do "The best tires in the world have Goodyear written all over them" ?
Coors is referencing that in order to taste good, you have to freeze it and basically suck on the beer ice.

Carlsberg qualifies themselves with "probably". That's okay, I "probably" have the biggest dick in the world. We'll let them slide.

And we all know Corona is miles away from ordinary. They're unfortunately down the road, past the village of Suck, and are next door neighbors to "asstastic"

I'd say those 3 are accurate advertising slogans when taken in context.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #42
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99 View Post
Funny thing is Budweiser came from Budweis, Czech Republic..traveled to American...goes back to Belgium...

Yep, it's official...Budweiser is now an IMPORT...no longer on the domestic side of the menu...
And I'm sure prices will go up accordingly at bars, right? Yeah right.

While I can't say I have never had cheap beer, I personally have no problem bashing Budweiser all day long. Everytime I've drank it, I have gotten sick. My worst drunk vomiting incident was a result of Budweiser. I think it's crap and I never liked it, even back when I used to drink Rainier and Lucky beer. Maybe it is insanely difficult to reproduce it, but why do I want to put time into perfecting crap when I could just p!ss in a mug, wave a hop over the top and say some magic words and have the same end result.

I'm willing to take the beating, but I'm not bashing the marketing, I'm bashing the product too. So why don't you all flame me, instead of bashing BUD, bash McKBrew.

Make Beer, Not War.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:39 PM   #43
Wicked Daddy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm in marketing logistics and have had many conversations about verbiage when it comes to describing a brand. Let's pick apart the statement:

"This is the famous Budweiser Beer." - We'll have to agree... It's famous

"We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age." - This is a true statement taken in the correct context. They state "we know of no..." which means simply that. They have not researched the P&L of any competitor so they don't actually know what others spend on their process. Others may very well be more expensive to produce but AB can claim ignorance of that.

"Our exclusive beachwood aging produces..." - This unique process could be defined to as miniscule a detail as how many beechwood chips are used or how many gallons or even ounces are fermented/aged at one time. Another brewer would have to copy every detail exactly to make negate the exclusivity.

"...a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price." - Purely subjective but they use the word "you" and "find" so this relieves AB of actually being judged against every beer ever produced and agreed upon by every person, everywhere simultaneously.

Marketing works on Abraham Lincoln's theory that you can fool people in varying degrees of scope and length of time. Obviously, the "some of the people all of the time" statement refers to the majority of the world population, as demonstrated in politics, the media, product advertising and yes, beer.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:32 AM   #44
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
Everytime I've drank it, I have gotten sick. My worst drunk vomiting incident was a result of Budweiser

Your need to stop drinking the "Bud Ipecac"

Seriously though, it isn't any part of the Bud brewing process, or any of the ingredients that made you vomit/get sick every time you drank it.

C'mon.. tell us the TRUE Story! You love Bud SO MUCH that whenever you drink it.. you just can't help yourself and drink WAY too much of it.... You just can't stop until you have had so much that you vomit.

Yeah, I thought so....

Last edited by PeteOz77; 07-18-2008 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply