Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Bud's Famous Claim

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #11
doodeyfoodle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlatline View Post
* This quote includes advertising costs.

FTFY
True enough. I guess that constitutes "beer" in the AB dictionary.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2008, 08:40 AM   #12
joejaz

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I'm getting sick of all you Bud bashers. Most of you grew up Bud, whether you admit it or not. Now you all became expert brewers and can make better beer than the biggest and most successful Brewer in the world. Bud has a 48% market share and is getting a
$43 Billion buyout offer and yet we think we're brewing better beer in a bucket in our basements. Your tastes have changed the beer hasn't. I used to drink Bud, then I got a taste for Heiniken and Budd didn't appeal to me anymore. Now I like Bass Ale and Heiniken doesn't appeal me anymore. That doesn't mean that Heinken is no good. It's good we have a variety of styles and tastes that appeal to everyone

Joe

"Life is too short to drink cheap beer."

Old 07-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #13
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejaz View Post
I'm getting sick of all you Bud bashers. Most of you grew up Bud, whether you admit it or not. Now you all became expert brewers and can make better beer than the biggest and most successful Brewer in the world. Bud has a 48% market share and is getting a
$43 Billion buyout offer and yet we think we're brewing better beer in a bucket in our basements. Your tastes have changed the beer hasn't. I used to drink Bud, then I got a taste for Heiniken and Budd didn't appeal to me anymore. Now I like Bass Ale and Heiniken doesn't appeal me anymore. That doesn't mean that Heinken is no good. It's good we have a variety of styles and tastes that appeal to everyone
+11

There is nothing wrong with Bud. There is nothing spectacular about Bud either.. unless you truly taste it and realise how incredibly damned hard it is to make it taste like it does. My first real Lager came out REALLY nice, and I consider it a fluke that I actually made a great lager on my first try. It cost me an extra refridgerator and temp dontrol for lagering, took 3 months to ferment and lager, and is just now coming good. I am going to CRY when the last bottle is finished, because I know how much time and effort went into it.

Is it my favourite beer? HELL NO! It's a nice lager, but like most lagers, it's crisp, clean, smooth and mostly tasteless, which is why lagers are so popular.I will always prefer an IPA over a lager ...now... but 2 1/2 years ago, when I had my first IPA, I had to choke it down.

And another thing to consider. ANY Microbrewery that tried to make an exact clone of Bud... would find out that it IS the most expensive beer they make when everything is factored in (and the hop shortage is factored out....) I am talking about the entire process.. refridgeration and square metres of floor space for lagering, Yes, advertising etc etc. Have you seen the price of rice recently?

I do a fair bit of travelling, and will always sample the local beer of the town or country that I am in, but if i don't find anything I like... I know what the Bud will taste like.. and I don't mind it a bit.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #14
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 607 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I really don't think this was intended to be a Bud-bashing thread. The OP simply made an observation that the claim on Budweiser's label doesn't seem realistic.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:56 AM   #15
Brakeman_Brewing
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

90% of all statistics can be made to say anything...50% of the time.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #16
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodeyfoodle View Post
I guess its expensive to keep stables and stables full of elephants, getting them drunk on vodka, and bottling their urine.
Evan's Law, in only FOUR POSTS!

New record??? (intentionally invoking the law doesn't count).

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 07-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #17
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
I really don't think this was intended to be a Bud-bashing thread. The OP simply made an observation that the claim on Budweiser's label doesn't seem realistic.
Hm, yeah, regardless of intentions, ye olde urine comparison was made by the 4th post. Damn, I love this place.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 07-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #18
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
Evan's Law, in only FOUR POSTS!

New record??? (intentionally invoking the law doesn't count).
Thats definitely a record. I have never seen the BMC/urine comparison drawn that quickly in my life...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Old 07-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #19
Brew-Happy
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Some goober early in my life got this urban legend type of thing stuck in my head about the name Budweiser. Ever heard of it?

B-ecause
U
D-eserve
W-hat
E-very
I-ndividual
S-hould
E-arnstly
R-eceive

I've had this acronym stuck in my brain for at least 20yrs. And I am not a light lager drinker either. I leave that to my dad and brother-in-law

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2003!!! Whoop!

Quote:
Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
- Arthur Weasley

Old 07-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #20
cheezydemon
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I made a Helles Munich that by all accounts was wonderful for my first lager. To me it lacked flavor. To each their own.

Really to me it is the use of rice, the specification that you should drink it "ice cold", and the bashing of dark beer that makes me hate Bud.

Also when it is mass produced and mostly automated, it is no longer an art-form or a craft. A monkey could turn out bud ice with those facilities.

I can actually handle a miller now and again. So I am not a blind BMC basher.

I grew up on Keystone and Colt45. Anyone care to defend those? I sure won't. I also ate glue as a child (I am told).

BOTTLED: "Route 66 IPA" 7% ABV, "Dave's Imperial Stout" 12% ABV , "Spider Imperial Stout" 9%ABV , "Mutt Irish Ale" 7% ABV, "Sorta Sierra" IPA's 4.4% ABV, "Habanero Ales" 5.5% ABV, "Pumpkin Seed Ale" 5.5% ABV , "Marzen" Lager, "Step child Ale",
PRIMARies: "Caramel Amber" , "Black Porter"
SECONDARIES:1 :"Miller Ale"
On DECK: Another Russian Stout

Quick Reply