Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Bud Light vs. Natural light???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #21
MriswitH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I didn't know that about BL and NL; neat.

I can tell you though, that Busch also gave me the most intense hangover of my life as well. I felt nautious and weird the whole next day, not to mention the atrocious headache.

When I toured Miller though, they claimed that Miller Light and Beast Light were the same beer, but marketed different. (Ala BL / NL)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #22
Buford

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Some macros are the same recipe, like MGD and High Life. It's just the post processing that's different (cold filtration vs. heat pasteurization). Other macros are blends of two different base beers that themselves are marketed as different brands. This is what I hear from a friend that works at the Eden, NC SAB Miller plant.

FERMENTING: ---
KEGGED/IN STORAGE: ---
KEGGED/ON TAP: ---

DIY STUFF: Sanyo 4912 kegerator conversion

Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #23
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Natty is made with more corn grits than BL.

BL is also fermented/lagered longer than Natty.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:25 AM   #24
the_Roqk

Recipes 

I grew up on Busch and Natty. On a hot day Natty does go down easily. But it has to be ice cold. Nothing like lightly malted water with a touch of alcohol. Personally I can't stomach BL, and it gives me the worst headaches.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:34 AM   #25
blefferd
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

+1 about the natty on a hot summer day after you have been outside working. right out of an cooler full of ice and beer it tastes so good!

im suprised to see so many natty light drinkers on here i posted a few months ago about natty and PBR being my beers of choice (being i drink them about 90% of the time unless i have some good home brew) ive drank it since high school and still drink it (drinking it right now haha) 11$ a case cant be beat.

i get so much sh(t when i tell people i drink natty or PBR lol most guys i work with know i brew beer and they are like dang you go from one extreme to the other! haha. i wont snub out other beers though if i go to a restraunt that serves good beer on tap i normally order those or every now and then ill buy a 6 pack of something good, but most of the high end beer is around 7-9$ a 6pack... a little pricey for me ill buy sam adams by the 12 pack but when you throw down 10$ for a good hefe or something of the sort i would like to drink a few more than just 6!!! so i just stick to natty and my own home brew and splurge every now and then when i get tired of both of those lol

natty vs. bL i can tell a diffrence drink natural light for a week then drink a BL you will notice the diffrence, natty is like water compared to BL. if you really want to know try a blind taste test with a friend that drinks one or the other, get 2 coffee cups fill each one half up and bring them out to your friend and have him taste both and see if he can tell the diff bet you 9 times out of 10 he cant we tried this once at a party with coors and BL and no one that tried them could tell a diff! lol

Beer and Kalashnikov since 2007

Old 08-28-2007, 06:34 PM   #26
Dr Malt
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

One difference between Bud Light and Natural Light is that Bud products are made with rice as the starch adjunct and Natural Light is made with corn starch as the adjunct. Busch products are also made with corn starch. I would suspect the Bud Light has a hopping formula and schedule the similar to Bud while Natural Light has different hops, perhaps less expensive. Also, Bud products have a blend of 2 row and 6 row malt and Natural Light and Busch products use 6 row only.

That's my 2 cents on the subject.

Dr Malt

Old 08-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #27
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 265 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Malt
One difference between Bud Light and Natural Light is that Bud products are made with rice as the starch adjunct and Natural Light is made with corn starch as the adjunct. Busch products are also made with corn starch. I would suspect the Bud Light has a hopping formula and schedule the similar to Bud while Natural Light has different hops, perhaps less expensive. Also, Bud products have a blend of 2 row and 6 row malt and Natural Light and Busch products use 6 row only.
Good info Doc!

I'm sticking with Reinheitsgebot beers myself. I'd have to be really hot, thirsty, broke, and be offered one from a fridge with nothing else before I'd drink one. Won't buy one, ever. I'd much rather have a good tequila, bourbon, or scotch than drink any AB product.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 08-28-2007, 07:07 PM   #28
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Busch Light is actually an excellent beer in my opinion. Natural Light is drinkable as long as you drink it quicky so it doesn't get a chance to get warm. I prefer Busch Light, but I don't mind drinking Natural Light at all. Now Bud light to me just doesn't taste as good as either Busch Light or Natural Light. And I read that some people have said Busch Light is headache beer, for me Bud Light is headache beer. I drink Miller Lite sometimes too, but I only keep bud light around the house because thats what my sister and my brother in law drink, I won't drink it myself unless there is just not any other beer available and its Sunday so I can't go and buy some.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #29
david_the_greek
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I only drink it when offered by my friends grandfather. To not accept the bear would mean sure death. I've got nothing against it. It helps to have been working hard and exhausted and it really nice and cold. I give props to the big breweries for turning out such a darn consistent product. I can't deny them that.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #30
elmetal
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was told by someone one time that natty light was a batch of bud light gone bad.

for some reason I still believe that. and no one can tell me otherwise.

Quick Reply