Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brewpubs in D.C.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #11
DrugCoder
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks everyone. I'll keep an eye out for these and see how many I can hit on our trip!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #12
Sedge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonAnno View Post
I'm so glad you posted this because I'll be taking the train down for my sister's graduation in about two weeks and would love to have a few places to stop.

I was thinking about taking the Red Line out the the DFH Ale House in Gaithersburg if I couldn't find anything in DC.
It's a pretty good place and the happy hour is handy, but it gets jam packed with all the big company's nearby. Food is usually good too. I was just working down there and still have an apt stumbling distance away. The bottle prices are exorbitant though. Bottle of Red & White was like $25, which is ridiculous cause its $13 at a nearby bottle shop. Palo Santo on tap is worth it though.

There's also a brewpub in old Gaithersburg called Growlers which makes some pretty good beers.

I'd hit up ChurchKey in DC, maybe The Brickskeller for beer bars. District ChopHouse and Gordon Biersch are right by to each other.

Fermenting: Flanders Red Ale
Conditioning: Blackberry Mead, Altbier, Cardamom Saison
Kegged: Vanilla Bourbon Porter, Belgian Strong Dark

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply