Brewing Podcasts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loweface

Reaction score
I know there are several podcasts available on-line such as Basic Brewing, the Jamil Show, Brew Strong etc.

You can download all these from their relative sites but it can be quite slow. Does anyone know of an easier way to archive / backdate the podcast like a complete collection by torrent? Surely this would be ok what with them being availeable for free anyway?

I've heard itunes can be set to automatically download podcasts. Is this true for the various brewcasts? Can it be used to backdate the collection?

I've heard itunes can be set to automatically download podcasts. Is this true for the various brewcasts? Can it be used to backdate the collection?

The Zune software lets me download all podcasts that are on the RSS feed, archive them on my computer and transfer any or all of them to my Zune. I would assume that iTunes works similarly.

Yes, iTunes does this. Search the podcast name in the directory and select 'subcribe'. New episodes will download as they become available; you can also 'get all' and you'll have the entire series.

Yup, very easy to do. Search and hit subscribe. It will download the most recent one and show up in your "Podcasts" tab. You can then click on the little arrow next to the title and see all the back issues.

I like itunes too because you don't have to save them all to your computer and waste a bunch of space. You just look down the list at the one you want, download it then delete it once you listen to it. Since the list is there, you can re-download it at any time.

Back