Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brewing has taken over my life.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #21
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

I have to admit of all of the hobbies and/or piles of gear I have, brewing is the most used. I have a 24' RV and in the last two years have only used it to ... go to beer events! The tiny tub is useless, except as a cooler. It holds four kegs, the CO2 and still has enough room for my greyhounds' water dish. My hop garden is larger than my vegetable garden. I pick blackberries and use 90% of them in cider & mead. Once the blueberry bushes get established, that's where most of them will go as well. My last major construction project was a conditioning cabinet.

And I really don't drink all that much.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2007, 04:54 AM   #22
Rook
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm right there with you man. I don't have anything to sell to finance new equipment, but I'm definately becoming obsessed. I've only brewed 3 beers, but I'm CONSTANTLY trying to work out what i want to brew next, when I'm going to do it, what stages my current stuff is at, what I'm doing next to it. Its exciting.

I can't wait until I have a good stock of brew going, then I don't need to be so anxious about wishing they'd be ready to drink.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:05 AM   #23
Spyk'd

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Musicians NEVER sell their stuff! I'm a drummer and have had my set in storage for about 6 years, but I would NEVER sell those drums, ever.

Ask yourself, are you a true musician?

That will be your answer.

American Red
Keg Conditioning:
Gruit
On Tap:
ESB
Bottled:
Nada...
On Deck:
Porter, Belgian Abbey Ale

Old 03-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #24
Desert_Sky

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Ive thought about selling some of my equipment......

but thats just so I can fund a bigger, more expensive piece of brewing equipment.

but I changed my mind. in the end I'm going to just keep it all

Old 03-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #25
Porter fan
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian williams
i've played guitar for years, and have collected a lot of stuff. i only sell, and would only sell gear to get better gear. but i love playing music. and besides, what could be better, than plugging in, kicking back, and pouring a homebrew?

my vote goes for keeping it all. life's too short.

+1 I have 7 guitar's 3 amp's a drum kit pa all the stuff for playing music I love to brew but would never sell my gear to fuel my brewing hobby.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #26
Willsellout

Recipes 

Hey if I was into it and played with other people it would be one thing, but for me: I don't play, I don't want to play or learn, and I live in a tiny town with absolutely no music scene. So put yourself in your house, night after night playing through headphones to yourself, it gets boring and tired. I have completely dropped playing bass for brewing. Of course I realize in the future that I might want to play again, this is the reason for keeping one maybe two basses and a little practice amp. In truth I don't need anything else. I'm basically selling my amp, cabinet, and effects; all of them easily replaceable if I wanted to.

Dan

Secondary One-Empty
Secondary Two-Empty

On Tap: Hobgoblin, Coffee Stout
Bottled: Arrogant Bastard clone, Summit IPA, Apfelwein

Old 03-08-2007, 06:43 PM   #27
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsellout
Hey if I was into it and played with other people it would be one thing, but for me: I don't play, I don't want to play or learn, and I live in a tiny town with absolutely no music scene. So put yourself in your house, night after night playing through headphones to yourself, it gets boring and tired. I have completely dropped playing bass for brewing. Of course I realize in the future that I might want to play again, this is the reason for keeping one maybe two basses and a little practice amp. In truth I don't need anything else. I'm basically selling my amp, cabinet, and effects; all of them easily replaceable if I wanted to.

Dan
Then I guess you just answered your own question. Sell it all, save for the one bass, and hook yourself up with some sweet-assed brewgear.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 03-09-2007, 12:47 AM   #28
Ivan Lendl

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsellout
I have been a bass player for a few years and since I started brewing beer (not to mention having a kid) I pretty much stopped. Now I'm thinking about selling most of it to finance some more home brew equipment.
Any suggestions?
Dan
Ill trade you a leaky carboy for your bass?

Dude dont sell anything! Unless its crap, you will regret it. To me this is a no-brainer, both of these hobbies can be had on the cheap. Ask Brewpastor about his set up, which is an end-all-be-all type of set-up and he can point in the right direction.

ebay is a wonderfull place, I just bought a 62 AVRI Jaguar for 780 bucks off some idiot that was broke. These guitars sell for 1400 new. Its the same for beer crap, people are constantly pawning stuff off for next to nothing. Be patient and peruse Craiglsist and Ebay and you will find mad bargains.

Just my thoughts.

Primary: empty
Secondary: empty
Bottled: Barbarian IPA
Up next: Configuration 9

Old 03-09-2007, 12:53 AM   #29
Willsellout

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Lendl
Ill trade you a leaky carboy for your bass?

Dude dont sell anything! Unless its crap, you will regret it. To me this is a no-brainer, both of these hobbies can be had on the cheap. Ask Brewpastor about his set up, which is an end-all-be-all type of set-up and he can point in the right direction.

ebay is a wonderfull place, I just bought a 62 AVRI Jaguar for 780 bucks off some idiot that was broke. These guitars sell for 1400 new. Its the same for beer crap, people are constantly pawning stuff off for next to nothing. Be patient and peruse Craiglsist and Ebay and you will find mad bargains.

Just my thoughts.
Well I would just be selling my live rig as I won't be playing for the next few years probably. I am probably keeping both my basses, as they really are kick ass, but the rest I don't even use. My stage rig is out in the garage and has been for about 6 months. I have sold everything before and told myself I'd never do that again, because starting back up is crazy expensive.

Dan
Secondary One-Empty
Secondary Two-Empty

On Tap: Hobgoblin, Coffee Stout
Bottled: Arrogant Bastard clone, Summit IPA, Apfelwein

Old 03-09-2007, 01:20 AM   #30
dibby33

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Have a beer and think about it.
Then have a play on the bass and think about it.
Repeat above.

The last action that you do will be the most important!

Primary
s : Ginger Beer, Wheat Beer
Secondary :
Empty
Bottled
: all drunk
Drinking : A Lot.
Next Up : Wheat Beer with grainy things

Quick Reply