New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brewing Club - Washington DC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
_Edge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Brewing Club - Washington DC?

New guy here.

I've been looking around on the series of tubes (beertown.org, craigslist, google, here) and haven't been able to find a listing of a homebrew club in the city of Washington, DC.

Is anyone aware of an active club here, or does anyone else live here and are interested in doing some brewing?

I'm in the middle of brewing my second batch of beer (Cascade IPA) and as of yet I haven't found anyone with the level of giddy excitement I get on brew day. I also thought it would be useful to get the advice of an embattled veteran once in a while.

It's tough when your friends next to you are drinking $4 Miller Lites and have no idea why you are so excited that you just scammed a pint of 90 minute IPA for only one dollar more.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2007, 12:51 AM   #2
Orpheus

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

I don't know of any that are Washington, D.C. specific, but there are quite a few in the Maryland (GABS, BURP) and Northern Virginian 'burbs!

Welcome to brewtopia!

Old 05-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #3
NOVA Brewer
Recipes 

Well, as you can tell from my handle, I live just outside DC in the Virginia suburbs.

There are many resources for the homebrewer in our area. We have our own on-line HBS, Jay's Brewing. Jay used to operate store hours out of his basement, but sadly the zoning board in Fairfax has asked him to stop. He has complied, but still offers great selection and prices through his website, and will even save you on shipping by dropping the supplies off at your place! Please, think about patronizing his place in addition to the larger on-line homebrewing websites. It's worth it.

There are also a number of homebrewing clubs around here:

Northern Virginia Homebrew Club
BURP
Worthogs
Gaithersburg Area Brewers

Hope this is helpful!

Bottled: Pumpkin Ale, Ed's Apfelwein IV
Kegged: Irish Stout, Northwest Pale Ale II
Thinking about: Rye Ale, Russian Imperial Stout
Gone: Robust Irish Porter, Ed's Apfelwein I, Ed's Apfelwein II, Northwest Pale Ale, Ed's Apfelwein III, English Brown Ale, Blanche de Chambly clone

Old 05-29-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
_Edge

Recipes 

Thanks for all of the information, and I apologize for not replying sooner. I will definitely be buying supplies from Jay's and will look into some of the local brew clubs. However, not owning a car can make traveling to suburbia difficult.

Quick Reply