Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brewing in Bethesda, MD

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
kman42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewing in Bethesda, MD

I just moved to Bethesda and have a few questions.

1) Best local shop?
2) The water quality seems pretty bad and smells of chlorine. I've never been in this situation, but I'm assuming I need to go with bottled water or a filter.
3) Good place to get a CO2 tank filled?

thanks,
kman

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
fellbrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey, kman. Welcome to MD.

1. The best local shop is Maryland Homebrew in Columbia. www.mdhb.com. They are awesome.

2. Not sure of the water in Bethesda, but I brew with Baltimore tap water straight from the faucet. I dont notice a Chorline smell with my water though.

3. I bottle so I dont know everywhere that will fill a tank, but I am pretty sure that the MDHB store will.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
kman42
Recipes 

Just thought I would post an update in case anyone else ever happens upon this thread. I've been brewing with spring or distiller water, but I'm going to try a Camden tablet on tap water soon.

I concur that the shop in Columbia is fantastic.

There is a fire fighter sully store in Rockville that sells CO2 at a fair price.

Kman

Quick Reply