Brewing audiobooks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcmeyer

Reaction score
Hi all! I work at a brewery, and working on a bottling line or cleaning kegs can get pretty monotonous. I wanted a thread that list any audiobook and podcast that's are aimed towards brewing. Trying to get my learn on at work! I figured there might already be a thread like this, but hopefully other people find this useful. Cheers!

I downloaded Bamforth's "Brewmaster's Art" from my local library. They have a few more audiobooks available at the library itself, but I have a hard time getting there during open hours. For podcasts, I think the early Jamil Show and Brew Strong from The Brewing Network, some of the Basic Brewing podcasts and Brad Smith's podcasts are definitely worth downloading and listening to.

I downloaded Bamforth's "Brewmaster's Art" from my local library. They have a few more audiobooks available at the library itself, but I have a hard time getting there during open hours. For podcasts, I think the early Jamil Show and Brew Strong from The Brewing Network, some of the Basic Brewing podcasts and Brad Smith's podcasts are definitely worth downloading and listening to.

You beat me to it! I downloaded brewmasters art 3 years ago and while it doesn't help so much in the way of teaching how to homebrew I highly recommend it. Dr. Bamforth is a walking talking encyclopedia on all things beer.... I envy those who are at UC Davis who get to listen to his lectures.

Thebrewingnetwork is great as well although you have to sift through some of the radio show banter... I happen to enjoy that aspect as well though.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply guys. I'll be sure to check those out. Anyone know of anything else?

Yes, an awesome audio book. I love to hear him say "moderation".

All of the mentioned podcasts are great, you'll pick up cool little tips that will help you with your own brew.

In the general "About Beer" category I have a few recommendations.

I recently listened to Beyond the Pale, which walks you threw the history of Sierra Nevada, I found it quite interesting.
I'm currently in the middle of a book called Fermenting Revolution by Mark Christopher O'Brien that is essentially a history book about beer. I'm a nerd for history, so I've really enjoyed it so far.

I'll have to check out some of those podcasts as well.

I recently listened to Beyond the Pale, which walks you threw the history of Sierra Nevada, I found it quite interesting.

While not specifically about brewing, I also found it interesting.
Some other audio books about starting a brewery:
Beer School (about Brooklyn Brewery)
So You Want To Start A Brewery (Lagunitas Brewing)
Brewing Up A Business (Dogfish Head)
They chronicle the trials, tribulations, and victories of starting their respective breweries.

Steve

Not a book persay but ask your brewery manager if you are members of the brewers association or the brewers guild. They both have industry specific presentations on different topics. Don't know if it will help your boredom as its pretty technical or how much you will be able to grasp while doing other stuff.

Personally I listen to Pandora, NPR or some fiction book on tape while cleaning kegs or watching kettle CIP cycles

Back