Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brew Room Mostly Done - 1st Batch Today

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2010, 04:04 PM   #21
bad67z
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 108 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Thanks for the pictorial, I have a space in my basement very similar that I am about to do the same thing to. i got a lot of good ideas, thanks again.

Cheers...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #22
5kw3r1
Recipes 

Very jealous! Looks awesome, and please keep us updated with pictures as you complete your project.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #23
Waunabeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigc3031 View Post
Just a few suggestions:
1. If that drywall isn't fire rated I would put up something to protect the wall from the heat that burner spews out of it, even sheet stainless would be good.

2. Mold is in your future if you don't protect your walls from the moisture coming from the boiling process even with the venting as well as water you spill and creeps into the wall cavity. Tiling the floor and part of the wall would be great and give the room a "bathtub" effect so it keeps the walls dry on the inside.

3. I want a room like this!
BigC:

1.) I agree with your statement, but I checked the wall during the boil and it wasn't even warm to the touch. Believe it or not, nothing outside of 6 inches from the pot gets warm; I was very worried about this and kept checking throughout the boil.

2.) I am going to do stainless or diamond plate around the washtub and near the boil kettle eventually. Maybe an X-mas present to me. Tile is on the wish list as well. I did keep the drywall at least 1/4" off the floor to prevent water from soaking in, in the meantime.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Bottled/Kegged: --Bells Oberon Clone, Autumn Amber, Lemon Light Ale, Spotted Cow Clone, Honey Bee Ale, Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, Trappist Ale, Bell's Oberon Clone, Savannah Saison, Cream Ale, Fat Tire Clone, Mad Cow, Koppslam IIPA--
On Tap: Ben's IPA, Saison De Noel, Mad Cow
--------------------------------------------------

Quick Reply