Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brew-On-Premise (BOP) Business?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #21
Phunhog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by omokoro View Post
The customer is the person with the 100-200 limit, since they are the one's brewing the beer.
Exactly! It is the customers beer since they are pitching the yeast. My point is that there are NO federal regulations regarding brew on premise (BOP) operations. There are some guidelines but I don't believe that those are enforceable.

Check out my nanobrewery!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Two...02323289804018

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
ACbrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Guidelines tend to be under the discretion of the person reading them, and thus are sudo enforcable. You might be legally right, but after 500K in legal defense, can your new business handle that? and the 'Who pitches' comment could get a BOP proprieter in serious trouble if he (or his employee) screws that up.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
Phunhog
Recipes 

Liked 138 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACbrewer View Post
Guidelines tend to be under the discretion of the person reading them, and thus are sudo enforcable. You might be legally right, but after 500K in legal defense, can your new business handle that? and the 'Who pitches' comment could get a BOP proprieter in serious trouble if he (or his employee) screws that up.
I can see your point but....pretty hard to charge someone without a law or regulation to back it up. In fact I don't think you can legally charge someone with a crime without stating the law/regulation that was violated. I am not talking so much about a proprieter of a BOP but rather any one of us who brewed beer for a friend and charged them for ingredients/ingredients/expertise. Of course I am assuming that someone else pitched the yeast.

Check out my nanobrewery!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Two...02323289804018

Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
nsrooen
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Do Your Brew here in Colorado has a BOP in addition to his homebrew store. He is now expanding and plans on adding a small brewery on site. So I think it is possible to have a viable BOP you just need to combine it with something else.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #25
kh54s10
Recipes 

Liked 566 Times on 481 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsrooen
Do Your Brew here in Colorado has a BOP in addition to his homebrew store. He is now expanding and plans on adding a small brewery on site. So I think it is possible to have a viable BOP you just need to combine it with something else.
OOPS iPhone sent before I was done so now I'll finish...
I would think the BOP would be a good addition to the store. It would give a novice a chance to try brewing. Then if they like brewing the store can sell equipment and ingredients.

Some one may also use the BOP if for some reason it wan inconvenient to brew at home.

BOP on it's own?? See my previous reply.

Quick Reply