Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Brew Improvement Over Time?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 01:30 AM   #1
Shambolic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Brew Improvement Over Time?

I've read in a few different places that bottled home brew can become dramatically better over time.
A short brewing book I've got even suggests that if you make a brew that turns out pretty badly, bottle it anyway and store it for 6-12 months, and it can become quite a nice drop.

Does this correspond to the real-life experience of long time brewers here?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2005, 02:14 AM   #2
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 83 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yes, it does.

Especially, and I've commented on them lately, spiced beers. Several people want to brew a Pumpkin Beer for Turkey Day (our Thanksgiving in Nov).

Well, I wanted the same thing, but I, like many others, didn't plan well.

It's like Oktoberfest Beer. It has to be brewed in March. IMHO, T'day beer should be brewed 6 months in advance also to let the spices mellow out a bit.

Well, my T'day beer was tasting better around Christmas (you know, the day where we usually freeze our buns off while you guys go to the beach and Santa arrives hanging 10), and tasted even better on St. Patrick's Day (March usually).

Well, I can proudly say that I have just one bottle left from last years batch. The previous bottle I drank was delicious. This one should die a noble death this weekend.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply