Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Bottling Party

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
flyboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bottling Party

I've heard from friends that make their own wine that they have a bottling party when it's time to bottle the wine. They serve wine, cheese, bread, etc. I was thinking about doing the same thing when I bottle my beer. But I've never done one before. Any ideas about how to do it? Has anyone else done this? And if so, what did you serve/do? I could server nachos and pizza instead of bread and cheese. I'm thinking it'd be a good time to get together with friends, drink beer, and share homebrewing with others. Just looking for some ideas or is this just a plain stupid idea that doesn't belong with beer and brewers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
AlaskaBrewing
Recipes 

No idea here on how to get started, but it sounds like fun.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:36 AM   #3
jmiracle

Recipes 

just do it dude, you're on the right track. Get some pizzas and other snacks, break out some brews, etc. As for the bottling, have a few different stations and rotate folks in and out of them maybe, depending on how many people you have. Have one person line up bottles, one person fill, one person deliver bottles to the capping area, one person cap, one person fill sixers...just break the tasks down by how ever many people you have.

Bottled & carbing: Nothin
drinking: Poet on Payday Wee Heavy
gone but not forgotten: Wilford (Oatmeal Stout) Samhain Surprise Porter, J's Mirac-Ale (Brown Ale), Altered Beast Ale (German Alt), Chucks Not Ballys Cali Common, S'Wheat (Honey Weizen), NIHs (Numerous Identical Hefes), Wittler Farms Maple Brown, Failed Experimental Yarrow Beer, O'Mega Red (Irish Red)

Old 01-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
Joker

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I met SWMBO and had kids = bottle party.

I clean the bottles usually with help, put them on the drying rack also with help, one son brings the bottles to me, I fill, wife caps, other son cleans outside of bottles and puts them into the boxes. Works great we bottle a 5 gallon batch (once bottles are ready) in about 10-15 minutes.

Quick Reply