The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Bottled beer storage temp??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
dirtdigger
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 9

Default Bottled beer storage temp??

So I started home brewing this winter. I have a cellar-like room, that is 3/4 under ground on the side of my garage that is now dedicated to fermenting/storing beer. In the colder months, I use a baseboard heater to maintain around 65 degrees.
Now that summer is here I am seeing temps in the mid to high 70's, with outside temps in the mid to high 80's.
I can use a water bath to keep my fermentation temp OK. However, I can't cool the room. The higher temp is probably helpful to get the bottles carbed, but I'm concerned I may be doing damage to the beer that is being stored.
The house is small, so I can't really bring it in.
Ultimately I would like to keg, with a kegarator set up, but that will have to wait.
I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this.
Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2707 Times on 1626 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

Well to carb and condition the warmer the better. 70 or above is great for it. And really leaving them warmer won't really do any harm to your beer, expect for maybe long term, but for your typical going to drink it in a few weeks, you'll be fine.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
dirtdigger
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 9

Sounds good, thanks.
With summer time gatherings with friends, I doubt I'll go past a few weeks on anything in the pipeline!

Old 06-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdigger View Post
I doubt I'll go past a few weeks on anything in the pipeline!
Doesn't really matter much then but in general if you want it to change, hotter. If you want it to stay the same, colder.

Quick Reply