Bottle shop / bars in Phoenix & Flagstaff?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HikeNC

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I will be doing some hiking around Phoenix & Flagstaff in November and wanted to find some good beer to buy and try on draft while we are there. I've never been there before so I was hoping someone could recommend some places. I'd like to try some stuff I can't find on the east coast as well, like Deschutes and Firestone Walker. Also, anywhere that makes a good beer brewed with chilies?

Top's Liquors in Tempe is an outstanding place to buy beer. Not only does it have a larger selection than the powerhouses (Bevmo/Total Wine), it also has a bar next door. It has some very good beers on tap and if they don't have it on tap, you can buy a bomber and drink it there.

As far as chili beer, Cave Creek Brewing (Phoenix area) brews a chili beer. I wouldn't say that it is that good, but it IS interesting...

Tops in Tempe and Sun Devil Liquor in Mesa are both owned by the same folks -- great selection. Total Wine & More, while being a big warehouse type store has a HUGE selection of craft beer as well.

There aren't too many big beer bars here in town. Whole foods in Chandler has around 20 craft beers on tap, with a good number of IIPAs if those are your thing (Double Jack from Firestone Walker is there). Flanny's and Hungry Monk in Chandler also have a number of good craft beers on tap. I'm not up on the ones up in Phoenix as of late.

Breweries to check out: Phoenix Area: Four Peaks, San Tan, and Sleepy Dog. Flagstaff: Beaver Creek/Lumberyard, and Flagstaff Brewing company.

Papago brewing (phx) has amazing food and amazing beer. The service isn't that great though.

Ya, i forgot all about Papago. Huge selection of great craft beers, both their own, and other breweries. Service can be a joke at times though. Great pizza.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely check out some of these places. I haven't spent too much time researching local breweries yet, but Four Peaks looked pretty good. I'll check out the others as well!

Back