Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Boring Time

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2007, 06:38 AM   #1
DeadYetiBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Boring Time

Ok, so we're not popping the tops of anything till St. Patty's, except to check carbonation, and once we bottle our Irish Pale Ale and Apfelwein we won't have anything to do for a while. Being strapped for cash, and fully stir crazy when not doing something related to brewing, we though we'd go the cheaper route.

First, we're going to pitch more Apfelwein on top of the other Apfelwein's yeast cake. Or we were going to try a different kind of wine using the same 100% Juice, Concentrate, and Dextrose concept. Or the Welch's Grape Juice Wine. After that who know maybe we'll have some money and can finally do a Barleywine or have enough money to make a lagerator and do some lagers (or have enough for a mini).

Secondly, we were thinking of some cheap a$$ hooch for sh!ts and giggles (we were going over all the funny teeny hooch maker threads and got inspired). Here's what we were thinking. 1 gal of kool-aid using dextrose and some bread yeast. lol only 1 gal since it will probably taste like crap. It'll probably only cost like 3 dollars at most so it's ok to get thrown out.

----
In other matters...
Tested our Porter and Nut Brown again. Porter is carbonated perfectly at 3 weeks. Great head retention, great flavor, and blacker than Dr. Ruth's loins (thank god it tasted better).
The nut brown, unfortunately i poured some sediment into so it tasted like total sh!te. But other times we've tested it was great...
We're testing the Caramel Cream Ale, Sunday when we bottle the Irish Pale Ale.

Last edited by DeadYetiBrew; 02-23-2007 at 06:40 AM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

I vote for Root-beer!

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 02-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
z987k

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't get the point of trying to make ****ty low alcohol god knows what. I mean if the 16yr olds want alcohol all they have to do is take a basic high school chemistry that covers organic chem. Distilling is not that hard, and would better suit their purpose.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
DeadYetiBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k
I don't get the point of trying to make ****ty low alcohol god knows what. I mean if the 16yr olds want alcohol all they have to do is take a basic high school chemistry that covers organic chem. Distilling is not that hard, and would better suit their purpose.
Yeah, after thinking about it we're gonna say screw the hooch, because after all we can get better tasting high ABV stuff from the beers we already have, and basically anything we make... We're going to do more apfelwein and maybe some hard lemonade. Then in a month or two we'll do beer again when we have the money...

Quick Reply